Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Physical Fitness

I spend a great portion of my work day on my feet walking, probably putting in about 2 miles just at work. I have cut down on my food intake. Several years ago I went on the Atkins Diet (very low carbohydrate, high protein) and dropped 42 pounds over 5 months. I have gradually put 30 of it back on and have recently decided to try to limit the carb intake. Man, I miss my ice cream! An added benefit to being in better physical shape is the improvement in your sex life.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Yes Sir...if not walking, I am chasing down my destructive 5 yr old grandson. I seem to be taking care of him 5 days a week now, and he keeps me busy. I weighed my self this morning, and I seem to have lost 10 pounds. Don't know how it happened. So I celebrated this morning with banana pancakes........I know....bad.

Crotch Rocket

Well. I didn't do anything yesterday, but I really couldnt move much at all anyway! I'm so badly sunburned it isn't even funny. I'm gonna push through it today though. My first weight goal is too close to sit idle for long.

To help with that I picked up a portable gas grill for work. I can make myself all kinds of meaty goodness here now, add some veggies, and have a passable Paleo meal every few hours. Fresh and cooked is my favorite way to go. Today is a beef cut wrapped in bacon with mixed vegetables, a salad with tuna, kielbasa and saurkraut, a couple sandwiches. And eggs + A protein bar for breakfast. Its not all where I want to be, but budget constraints dictated some choices for this week, and its better than ordering a piza. Six small meals every few hours under Paleo guidelines and I should be well on my way to cutting some inches from my waistline.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Well I skipped the gym yesterday and today, but I made up for it by cutting down about 5 oaks, cutting them up and splitting them. Now to make more fire wood storage racks and stack them all up. Those 16" long logs get heavy when they are about 2 feet thick. It is rough picking those up and putting them on the log splitter. The really big ones I had to stand the log splitter up and roll them to it.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Crotch Rocket

What Helo just said is a prime example of why I say I am not very smart, but I can lift heavy things. Our splitter doesnt stand up, so... Yeah. Its no wonder m.y back gets sore sometimes.

Wood. It def heats you more than once.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

As of Yesterday, I am now down 30 pounds since Feb.

Feeling Better, and moving better each day!

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I normally don't like to speak of systems and workouts as I have been ript off from many in the past, but I would highly recommend this company for anyone looking to get into shape. http://ngxonline.com I personally loss over 52 plbs and many people on there have also lost over 100 lbs and it really works. I know a few people in this colony that have used it also and are at 20-25 lbs less in only a month. I won't say any names.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    I normally don't like to speak of systems and workouts as I have been ript off from many in the past, but I would highly recommend this company for anyone looking to get into shape. http://ngxonline.com I personally loss over 52 plbs and many people on there have also lost over 100 lbs and it really works. I know a few people in this colony that have used it also and are at 20-25 lbs less in only a month. I won't say any names.
    So just what the hell does this have to do with eatin cats? Shame, shame boy, road kill's cheaper, dodging the cars is a better workout and I have a support group right here thank you very much.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

That is true. I try to stay on a sidewalk when stumbling ....lol

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Haven't walked this week, but still down 5 lbs. I guess it's time for more banana pancakes.