Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Physical Fitness

For the Love of Cats

I have settled into lethargy. until this cold snap breaks, there's not much I can do outside without wrecking everything (I tried my snowshoes on the weekend and they just broke in 3 places, shovelling the deck the indestructible plastic shovel shattered.) I'll keep working my 14 your days and continue the diet until it won't cost me more to do something than not.

... Spring is only 2 months away!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

finally pooped
    Well, right now is the perfect time to begin working out down here as it is in comfortable temps to be active outside and here I am being broken. Trying to get the clearance to start at least a little cardio tomorrow. We shall see though, I doubt the doctor will let me start this early.

Crotch Rocket

https://www.t-nation.com/training/11...rrior-training

Interesting article I ran across the other day, figured I'd share. MMA has a lot of rules, but they're definitely in shape, mostly.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

Awesome link!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I don't like training MMA and tournaments because they teach you not to hit certain areas. You train how you fight. I don't want to train not hitting any spot I can. There is a reason they kick high in MMA and Tournaments. It is because you can't hit them in the nuts.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Crotch Rocket

I understand that. Its not so much the fighting skills and techniques that caught my eye as it is what he said about conditioning and fitness. I think there's something that can be learned or we can be inspired by in everything, whether it be mma, karate, or the animal kingdom.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

yes indeed. I wish I had the time to join more than just the one I am in.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

For the Love of Cats

Ditto!

You can set up a heavy bag and 'cross-train' how you want. I've been in my share of scraps (in my youth), and outside a bar, or behind the gym at recess, there is only one rule... WIN! As with life! In University a group of us would get together each week in one of the gyms for some hand to hand... we had everything from karate, juijitsu, taikwando, taichi, kickboxers, boxers, street fighters, you name it. We were all friends so we had ONE rule... Don't fuck up your buddy! We had some awesome tourneys, round robin draw. We taught each other a lot... and learnt a lot!

I was an untrained street fighter style, and while I'd like to say I won them all, I seriously got my ass handed to me on many occasions!! But I placed in the money more than my share.

bottom line:
    Any kind of knowledge/training is good

IMO

Administrator

Well at work today I gave one of my workers my building access card to get in and out as he was hauling trash out. Well he forgot to give me my card back thus locking me out of the gym two buildings over. I was just going to skip working out today but said no. I pulled out my jump rope went out into the hall and started working out.

100 jump ropes

3 rounds of:
    30 pushups
    40 situps
    50 air squats

once the 3 rounds were up I did a 100 more times with the jump rope.

It took me 18:26 to finish but by the end I was breathing hard and sweating like a fat kid. I'm still feeling the effects of it as I type this. Keep in mind I usually am doing my workouts with weights. Didn't think I'd be tuckered out.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

For the Love of Cats

Atta fat kid! have a smartie!

good on ya dude... it's too easy to say f-it and take the day/week/month off.

You ROCK!!!