Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PTSD

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

PTSD

For those of us who have it, or have had to deal with it, PTSD is nothing to laugh at. It is a serious condition.

HOWEVER,

We also understand the need to laugh in order to cope....................enjoy..................

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

LOL thats awesome!
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

If I would've just heard the song, it wouldn't be nearly as funny. But being able to watch the guy play and sing it...

Priceless!

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

That's awsome in a very bad way.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Great post,has his music to vent.My dealings with PTSD covered post Viet Nam,where it wasn't recognized.
    This site is very blunt and tells it like it is..

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

This is for those who never experienced this and want to understand that this is not a "priceless"thing.
    "When the world is at peace, a gentleman keeps his sword by his side"

My cousin and a few buddies have PTSD, mostly army as far as I know. Not aware of any of the guys I served with in the Corps with any major afteraffects. USMC has very different deployment schedules than the army, and I'd bet that's got a lot to do with it. Sadly, Big Army doesn't seam to have much concern for their troops.

I'll most likely shit myself

God Bless anyone and everyone who has or is dealing with this. It is a terrible issue to deal with.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

My SIL is dealing with it and it is rough. Wish I knew what to say to him.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by IDTANDY View Post
    Great post,has his music to vent.My dealings with PTSD covered post Viet Nam,where it wasn't recognized.
    This site is very blunt and tells it like it is..

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

This is for those who never experienced this and want to understand that this is not a "priceless"thing.
    The link provided is a true reflection of Nam Vets. I left Nam in August 1971and thought I was normal for 25 years while everyone around me was scared of me. I was blind to their visions. I thought they were weak and I'd protect them. My wife has not slept in my bed for about 20 yrs. or so because of my sleepless nights. She touched me one time and I nearly choked the woman I love to death.

In 1996 I was ordered to the V. A. at Brecksville ; Ohio for eval. and was told I had P.T.S.D. Not knowing what it was ; I aked am I going to die ? They told me what it meant and I told them to go to Hell that I was just fine and they were the ones screwed up in the head. Between them and Republic Steel they put me on medical disability and more or less told me in order to keep my job I would have to go thru therapy.

Did a 10 week in house with other vets and to be honest it was the worst time I spent in a long time. Wanted to leave and tell them to Kiss My royal Ass!!! But if any of us left then our jobs were at risk. The company didn't have to take me back if I refused therapy. Did the 10 weeks and saw a psychcologist from 1996 to 2010. When she retired I refused the younger generation psych"s for a number of reasons.

What I learned from my therapist is that as long as I can pick and choose those whom I'm around I have a very peaceful life. Along with filling my time with things to do. And after many years of talking and listening I've kept my honing ability about the same as it was 41 years ago.

Now as for the video ; I can find it amusing now as to were it was 30 -40 yrs. ago ; probably not.

Izzy by posting this I believe you're farther ahead than I ever was at that point in my life. Good luck and God speed in your journey.
    Last edited by eagle326; 05-08-2012 at 03:31 AM.

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

Just to clarify, as I posted above, i coined the term "priceless" to the artist's performance of his song, not ptsd. I would hate to think someone would quote me only to intentionally twist my meaning.