Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting a Dedicated BOV

In his experience the hammer head is better

Getting a Dedicated BOV

Well I'm getting my first dedicated bug out truck. Im very excited, trading a old dirt bike for a 1979 Dodge 150 4x4. She is cosmetically ugly with surface rust but no holes. The bed is banged up so I'm planning a wooden bed maybe with hidden storage. The motor is a new 360 with a rebuilt trans. 4wd works great.

My goal is to have some minor fun off road so it has some dual purpose but it will be very capable. Flat paint tan or green paint, lift, lockers, good tires, extra fuel cap, maybe a small water tank, ect. Lots of ideas but I'm excited. I'll post pics when I get her.
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Looking forward to pics!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

I'll most likely shit myself

Sounds like a good truck for the purpose. Can't wait to see pics. You gonna do the work on it?

Hopefully some pics will come tonight. I plan on doing the work...it'll be my first project like this but I can do it I'm sure. I'm fairly good at mechanical work, and wood working.

Crotch Rocket

Awesome. Maybe I can talk you into dropping a multi-fuel engine in it later on!

Lol. J/k! Maybe...

If you need a hand on any of it let me know.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Awesomeness!!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'll most likely shit myself

Have you gave any thought to a winch or small air compressor? Both could make nice additions.

Mtr you may be able too. I got the truck and it runs like a top. Newer 360 and 727 trans. 4 wheel drive works great even though the truck has bald tires it pulled through some deep mud.

A compressor and winch are in the plans. I am hoping for some neat little projects throughout, there's lots of space for innovation. The bed is nicer than expected so it'll stay.

The whole truck will be getting od green paint, tan/multi cam interior , and matte black accents like the grille and such. I am hoping for two batteries, cb and VHF radios, increased fuel capacity, possibly a solar panel on the roof or some type of solar system. Also I am thinking of water storage on board somewhere.

She has no rust holes and could use a little work but it will be nice when done. Here's some pics.

"It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

Crotch Rocket

I've got a magazine floating around somewhere (I think its "RECOIL") that displays a BOV with a 13 gallon water container where the spare tire used to hang underbody between the frame. I've been kicking that idea around for my own vehicle since, and it may work here for you. I'll try to find the mag and get the particulars if you're interested.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'm very interested in that. I think it would be a very good idea and a fairly easy project.

I stripped all the parts off the truck and began sanding the rust spots. I will post pictures as the project progresses through the stages.