Thread: green stagnant pool water

Bacon Spam

green stagnant pool water

so I asked this on another survival forum about a year ago and got a lot of doofus answers ...

situation, you have bugged out .......

this is the only water you have come across in about 5 days , your supply that you had with you is about to run out......what would you do to purify this stagnant pool water in order to drink it .

I'll most likely shit myself

Try and scrap off as much of the goo as I can, then tie a towel, bandana, or t-shirt around my PUR water purifier and pump away. I'll have good clean water within minutes.

If I was at home, I would set up a couple of buckets, one filled about halfway up with sand over small gravel, over a cloth or fine screen. This bucket would have several small holes say 1/16' or smaller in the bottom for the water to flow thru into the second bucket sitting below it. Pour the water into the top bucket and wait. Be prepared to filter or purify as needed once the water goes thru the media into the lower bucket.

For the Love of Cats

yep. If that is the best I could find. What's the alternative, nothing?

I'd pour it through a tshirt or something a couple times first, get rid of the worst of it, then run it through the filter. Good to go
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

strain it a few times to get the worst of it out and then make it "holy".........boil the hell out of it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    strain it a few times to get the worst of it out and then make it "holy".........boil the hell out of it.
    I vote this idea...

Now comes the question of, if sterilized via cooking, does the algae have any nutritional value or is it even safe to eat? If it is edible it might save your life...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

I'll most likely shit myself

Vert that question is certainly worth a little research. I never gave that a thought.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Filter and boil. Algae soup anyone?
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Pre-Filter through a coffee filter to remove particulates. Then threat with chlorine or your favorite tablet. Finally run through your filter when the remaining turbidity has settled. Boiling is effective as well, but requires significant energy input; I would only boil as a last resort, if I did not have a filter, which I am never without. Learned that the hard way after a bout of Giardia gotten at 11,000 feet from a beautiful clear stream where I boiled the water for 10 minutes. At that elevation I wasn't even close to 212 degrees F.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

I would do as BP.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.