Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How many folks here are into night vision?

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Between TNVC and ebay....I have about $125 in my helmet rig.....much more comfortable than "skull crusher" head gear....IMHO.....easier to deploy too.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Echo, how did you put it together? From parts that is?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Echo, how did you put it together? From parts that is?
    There is and objective lens....an eye piece lens....the body or housing....and the it expensive part, the tube.

Other than that there are numerous threaded rings that hold everything in place once adjusted (which is fairly easy).

Most housings will come with all the rings....if they don't...they are cheap.

Hop on to youtube....and there are many tutorials.

If you want it purged with inert gas....there are a few ways of going about it....I just wait for a dry day....or do it in a A/C room. I'm not going into jungles or the arctic...so it's really a non-issue for me.

You will want a bottle of "canned air"...like what you use for cleaning keyboards and such....cause a spec of dust or lint shows up big time when you look through it.

I get my housings from ABNightvision. Adam is a great guy and makes one of the more "solid" housings out there. One that meets or exceeds PVS-14 Mil Specs...is his NVM-2AA housing....and it goes for around $250+/- new....he may have a blemished one for less....best to call him.(the NVM-2AA is "plug and play"....no wires to connect)

Lens....watch the forums and ebay....any where from $100 and up for either....need to make sure they will fit the housing you decide on.

Tube....the same watch the forums and ebay....$500 (good luck) and up....I wouldn't go much more than $900 with out a warranty. Right now on ebay there are a few tubes from $950 to $1500.

PM me if you are trying to find something specific....I tend to keep my ear to the ground on this type of stuff.

Good luck

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I certainly wouldn't mind Gen 3 at $1500.

Thanks Echo.......I'd ove to have some NV, but its not in the budget. I'd have to sell of several assets to grab some. Nice to know you can build them. I may have to look into it. How have your homebuilds stood up? How is the water resistancy?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The one on the left is the home build (NVM-2AA housing)....the one on the right is the ITT factory....

I have had both units out in pouring rain...camping trips in damp tents....winter nights star gazing....

Never had an issue with the home built....but the ITT factory has had a couple shorting issues....it was enough of an issue that I have since put the tube into another NVM-2AA.

Very happy with the home builds.

out friggin standing. Now I just need to find someone who wants do do some horse trading....................I think ive got an extra precision rifle laying around

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    out friggin standing. Now I just need to find someone who wants do do some horse trading....................I think ive got an extra precision rifle laying around
    What kind of rifle?.......This is mine.

I'll most likely shit myself

Sweet rifle!

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Sweet rifle!
    Thanks....It out shoots me every time....