Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much fuel do you have on hand at any given point in time?

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

How much fuel do you have on hand at any given point in time?

I have a few gallons....

I'll most likely shit myself

Right now it varies a little week to week as I am constantly rotating the stock. But usually something like 40-50 gallons of gas, plus the vehicles never go below 1/2 tank and all my equipment such as generator, mowers, etc are always left full.

I also currently have 40 gallons of desiel in can and both tractors full. I have bought a 285 gallon tank, that I'm currently trying to clean and paint and get moved into the garage and on the stand. It will be filled as I can afford it.

All storage containers are treated when purchased.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I dont have nearly enough. Only enough to give each vehicle another tank and whats leftover for the mower.

I have gas envy
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Right now I have 35 gallons of extra fuel on hand.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Thinks it might be German

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    I have a few gallons....

Echo2,
    Did you weld this one up, or is it store bought? I like it.

As for the question.... I keep about 10 gallons on the side. Not enough, I know, but I plan to stay put if I can.
    I keep a lot of propane and camp stove fuel though.
    Last edited by slowz1k; 05-16-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    The 12 Gauge... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

For the Love of Cats

I keep about 80 gallons of gas, and about 10 of diesel. I am negotiating with a local about an above ground 250 gallon tank, but he just wants too much
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by slowz1k View Post
    Echo2,
    Did you weld this one up, or is it store bought? I like it.

As for the question.... I keep about 10 gallons on the side. Not enough, I know, but I plan to stay put if I can.
    I keep a lot of propane and camp stove fuel though.
    It was given to me at the end of a job....dual wall 110 gallon with hand pump....store bought.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    I keep about 100 gallons now, but rotated continually.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

funny i was just talking about this on another post about home heating oil. i have a idea of what i want to do if shtf. i have like 30 gallons of fuel on hand plus the oil tank has like 100 gallons of kero in it. i was thinking of just building a still in the event of need and modifying the carbueretor in my truck if you bore the fuel tube out a little with a small grinder and advance the timing it will run on alcohol pure with a little less horse power. i mean how long are yall gonna last on 30 or even 100 gallons of gasoline. hell my truck holds 31 gallons and gets 9mpg city how well are we gonna do?? i think this is something that needs rethought.

At our retreat....we keep quite a bit of fuel for the gennys and such.....there is also a 1k tank of propane....a few 100lbers....and a pile of 20lbers.

Last season...I caught wind of CVS getting rid of the 2 pks of 1lb propane....I got 24 2 pks.

With the math...we figure 18 months cooking and cold storage (freezers)....and are working on a solar set up now.