Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chickens

I'll most likely shit myself

We finally started getting some eggs about 8-10 days ago. We got one every day but one since then. Tonight we got 2. Their really small, but I'm hoping they get bigger as the chickens get older. They have ended up doing well thru the summer. I'm glad we made the effort at this..

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    They will get bigger the longer they lay. Yeah!

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    We finally started getting some eggs about 8-10 days ago. We got one every day but one since then. Tonight we got 2. Their really small, but I'm hoping they get bigger as the chickens get older. They have ended up doing well thru the summer. I'm glad we made the effort at this..
    Congrats!
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I'm coming over for breakfast. Between you and Ben, we got steak and eggs.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Made this with my eggs this morning. We are getting almost a dozen a day now.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Helomech, I'm goin to go ahead and let you know that those do not appear to be safe for human consumption. I volunteer my services to remedy your situation.

I'm going to need a grid and a foon...............
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Helomech, I'm goin to go ahead and let you know that those do not appear to be safe for human consumption. I volunteer my services to remedy your situation.

I'm going to need a grid and a foon...............
    LMAO, to late. Not even any left overs. Fresh yard eggs, steak and cheese burrito. MMMMMMMMMM

I'll most likely shit myself

Those looked good Helo! If your getting a dozen/day, how many hens do you have?
    We only have 6, i'm not expecting more than 4/day.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Those looked good Helo! If your getting a dozen/day, how many hens do you have?
    We only have 6, i'm not expecting more than 4/day.
    25 hens, and 3 roosters. We should average about 17 eggs a day for the year. That is the average for this many Austrolorps. So in the summer time, we should get close to 24 a day. Mine are only 6 months old so they are not laying at full potential. Looking forward to getting a broody hen. Going to hatch a good bit.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Just remember guys and gals....hydrate, hydrate. Egg production will suffer without water. We run around the same number as Helo and averaged similar amounts. But heads up, when it got to be 80/90 degrees we got 1/2 a dozen a day (I thought they were on strike for a minute) We didn't run any type of fans though.

****And BP, remember that today you have 6, lets see where your at in 6 months****
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.