Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you have tool wise in B.O.B.?

What do you have tool wise in B.O.B.?

It dawned on me after reading alot of these threads not alot of talk about tools. what if you are forced into nature hiding for a while do you have a ax a hatchet a hammer and some nails a saw? a machete how about a small tool kit with screw drivers and sockets for repairing cars as needed? or even tightening a knife blade or a utility knife for self medical repair. a needle and thread a measuring tape? some twine for settting traps if need be? i know this seems heavy but those of us with family can split up some of this weight. how about a pick axe or shovel for basic gardening? Just trying to get some imput

Crotch Rocket

Machetes, hatchets, hand saws and 'hawks have actually gotten quite a bit of scrutiny here. One or another of them is a basic item for most of our kits it seems.

You're more likely to find discussion on mechanic's tools in the transportation section. I personally don't have enough mechanical know-how to warrant packing any. What I do know how to use stays in a box in my car.

Pioneer (gardening) tools are also better left as a vehicle kit, imo, as are carpentry tools.

You can live without any of those things, so I'd recommend limiting a BOB's contents to those things you can't live without. If you simply can't bear parting with them, I'd say add a cart as part of an INCH system, that way, if pressed, you can easily drop the weight and boogie without losing essentials too.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I dig that traveling light is essential but man you gotta have gear to eat more then 3 or 4 days what about long term. i was just trying to get a feel for what people are packing and what my thoughts is like if i were going out to the woods what would i need to get by in say january or even november imma need real shelter and alot of fire wood it drops below zero out here for 4 months a year. and i got little ones ya know 10 8 and 4 plus a wife if we had to roll what would we need to live in the woods

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

always keep a leatherman man whoever invented that deserves a noble prize i was thinking big axe
    and dig the metal wire where u find that??
    Last edited by tompnoid; 05-18-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

And Yes I do consider these as tools.
    Last edited by Evolver; 05-18-2012 at 11:18 PM.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

duct tape of course duct tape is tool the wrap is really heavy i work for a shipping company it is stupid heavy easy 20 lbs that rope u live around alot of rocks?? or cliffs?