Thread: Berkey

Premium Member

Berkey

Does anyone here use one,can you tell me where i can get one

I'll most likely shit myself

I've had one for three years. it's one of the all stainless models. I got it with both the Black and the white filters. That combo is suppose to take out chemicals, flouride, & heavy metals.
    I can't remember exactly where I got mine from, but I will see if I can find the reciept. I did find it doing a google search. I do recall there was lots of companies selling them. I have read recently that some companies are backordered on them. I'd find out about delivery on them.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Quote Originally Posted by RUSTY View Post
    Does anyone here use one,can you tell me where i can get one
    They're everywhere on line it seems. Here is an address : The Berkey Water Filter Store

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Since we here in Kommiefornicastan can't have Berkeys shipped here, viable altenatives are the Katadyn Ceradyn-Gravidyn TRK, and the CeraGrav LP-5. Both are available, as well as Berkeys, from these guys. Gravity Water Filters
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I'll most likely shit myself

A very good alternative if to make your own Berky style gravity filter. Not hard to do either.
    Buy a set of berky filters, black, white or both (my perfered option. Take 2 5 gallon buckets and drill 2 holes it the bucket bottom that will go on top and mount the filter sets and make sure to get them tight on the O ring so there is no leakage thru the seal. You will put a lid on top to keep debris out of course. On the bottom bucket drill or cut out a hole or holes in the lid large enough for the filters to fit thru easily. The top bucket will just sit on the bottm bucket lid. Pour in water and let it filter thru.
    It's a lot cheaper than buying the whole unit's and does just as well. Although the stainless models don't look bad sitting in the kitchen.