Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SHTF flowchart for when its hitting?

SHTF flowchart for when its hitting?

Anyone made a flowchart for signs that its officially hittin the fan? Like signs of an EMP, pandemic, etc etc etc? If not can we use this to start listing signs so one can be made?

I'll most likely shit myself

Not me, but that sure is a interesting concept.
    Welcome to the forum BTW.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Yeh, welcome to the forum.
    Just because we are peaceful does not mean we have forgotten how to be violent.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

The idea of the chart is for someone that might otherwise go "Should I go into Bug-in/Bug-out mode or just go to work because is this just another false alarm". And if so whats the next thing to do. For example EMP might be the first strike for a nuclear option, where you probably need to get you tail into a shelter. Heres some scenarios I was thinking that's like an alarm buzzer that things are literally "hittin". Please add as you see things:

- Massive outage of power, comms, cars not starting suggesting EMP
    - Massive amount of people calling sick in a 24 hour period
    - News reporting sudden loss of signal/calls/etc from critical cities
    - EBS messages/weatherband alert
    - Grounding of commercial airlines
    - Run on food, gas, batteries, propane, etc without public knowledge (ie Alas Babylon)
    - Failure of resupply within 72 hours of run on supermarkets
    - Come-as-you-are recall of armed forces on leave
    - Freeze on sales of ammo, primers, weapon sales, etc

etc etc etc

Your chart will depend on what your own capabilities and limitations are for a given scenario.

I don't see how it would transfer well from one person to another who may have wildly different resources and family/ work situations

I have still yet to grow a brain
    My thoughts would be this. If and when the SHTF it would be a a quick process faster than it would take to blog really...

Financial: It would be a little slower and we would be able to voice out what is occurring. You would witness Countries defaulting thus causing other countries to default. This would be a dominoe effect and the speed would become pretty quick. Greece and Spain are the 1st 2 dominoes. (You have been alerted Greece has financial issues and is on the brink of falling out of the Euro system. Spain is now needing money. Which makes me ASSUME<- Spain is/was 'linked' to Greece?)

EMP: Would only be announced if the forces in power believe it to be necessary. If they do you will have what 20 min to an hour? If that occurs I will be busy last minute prepping. If I am home, if not there will be issues on the streets pandemonium will set in. If they don't notify (which I think the tact will be) I will continue my day oblivious to the situation.

Natural Disaster: It happens when it happens and we deal with it then.

So in reality from what I WITNESS it has begun with finances. It began when we hit the 1st recession. Hence the cost of items have increased and our income does not increase to compensate for it. Gas in Germany is under $2 per liter and there are ~4 Liters per Gallon. Greece cost per liter is a little above $2. Now come to America. Gas in Colorado is about $3.60 a gallon. Yes granted the quantity purchased effects the cost of the product. But haven't you been hearing about the rise in cost for the past year or two? What is causing it to change?

I think we are in the initial stages of a huge issue. It takes time to rear its head but when it comes down... (If the 'issue' results in a SHTF moment we will see)

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Having a full blown flowchart doesn't seem to have much value IMO. Every SHTF event is so different that you'd either need a massive chart or it'd be a mess of lines and diamonds.

And for some SHTF events it doesn't seem all that helpful. If your house if fully engulfed in flames you don't need a flowchart to tell you to get the hell out of there.

That said, have a bullet point list of different emergencies that are possible in your given area, and your response to each could be helpful for planning and determining holes in your plans.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

I'll most likely shit myself

I tend to agree Vodin. Just looking at the financial situation, Greece is having money drawn from the banking system hand over fist. Spain is not in much better shape, Italy is close behind. It's just a matter of time IMO. Here, the issues got started big time in 2007, but the media didn't make it out to be a big deal until 2008. We've just been sliding down hill since. You here all this talk about how great the economy is recovering. I don't see it. Wages are not increasing much at all, job growth is very slow to non existant. Folks are still losing their jobs, just not quite in the numbers as 08-09. The unemployment numbers are skewed lower due to all the folks whose unemployment money is running out and they are dropped from the rolls.

There are a few bright spots here and there in manufacturing, some business coming back from China and Mexico. But it's not nearly fast enough to catch back up. It seems to me that we are just in a slow boil and the water is starting to get hot.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

See jerry D Young's list of SHTF scenarios to prepare for in this thread:

http://www.shtfready.com/f12/what-do...80/index2.html

He's got the most thorough list of scenarios I've ever seen. And being prepared in general will apply to any one of them. Just my $20.00 ($0.002 adjusted for inflation)
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Ok next signal flare has been popped. Spain is supposedly getting a free loan with no requirements attached. What does this mean? Welp it seems like the domino chain has started.... I am sorry is this a bad post? If so inform me and I will cease and desist.