Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hotels

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    i used do a LOT of traveling for work. I found that staying on the top floor works best so i can get some sleep. Trying to sleep on lower floors doesnt work well when there is a girls high school softball tourney in town and the girls run the halls alll night....

i LOVE the hotels with the door that goes straight outside. If i get this sort of hotel i grab the bottom floor and grab the parking space right in front of my room. I find these types of hotels to have less noise issues this way. I back in my vehicle so that the exhaust is pointing at my window. My current truck is an f250 diesel 7.3 liter. She has a 4 inch magnaflow exhaust. When she wakes up the whole neighborhood wakes up....and so do i!! So she parks at my door with her rear in my face.

I remember my honeymoon the first night was in a so called better hotel in Rolla Mo. You Army folk probably know the place since you pass it going into the base... I should have known it was gonna go to hell in a hand basket fast. At supper both my bride and I ordered T bones extra rare. they came burned and over cooked. Brandy Manhattans came as wiskey old fashions. but the worst part was at 0730 the next morning the outside door busts open as the bimbo says "Maid" and yes we were "enjoying" our honeymoon status at the moment. The maid almost died... Literally. I was off the bed, 1911 coming off the nightstand and treated her to a view that had her wetting her pants in an unhappy way while my new wife did pretty much the same thing with her model 19 on the other side the bed... so if you ever hear me maks disparaging comments about hilbillies or hotel maids, well you will know that in my eyes they have earned them. I do have to admit, life is rarely dull around us...

I'll most likely shit myself

Now Dragon while I've never been mistaken for a maid. I have been called a Hillbilly a few times.

You can type, and know what the inter net is, so that makes you a red neck, not a hillbilly...

I'm probably that as well. Around here folks born around here call each other hillbillies all the time. Just a term of endearment.

LOL used to shoot pigs down outside crossville, very familiar with the usage, although it aint nothing compared to my late uncle's wife, from West Virginia, get her shined up and you don't even know what language she's speaking...

Break out some shine and all bets are off on everything!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Now Dragon while I've never been mistaken for a maid. I have been called a Hillbilly a few times.
    Hillbilly and Redneck are some of the nicer things I've been called.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon5126 View Post
    LOL used to shoot pigs down outside crossville, very familiar with the usage, although it aint nothing compared to my late uncle's wife, from West Virginia, get her shined up and you don't even know what language she's speaking...
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Break out some shine and all bets are off on everything!
    Sounds to me like we have the makings of a party. BOL's right outside of Crossville. I'll provide the land and pigs, BP's apparently got the shine, and dragon......bring some chips or something. I think I'll leave the arsenal locked up for this one.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I think I'll stay a looooong way from any shine. WOOOO!

Premium Member

It's Tennesee, the school fight song is about moonshine!! and by the way, Go Dawgs!!!

Hotels, I'm basically on the same wavelength as Bacpacker. Keep my stuff close by, laptop bag holds all valuables, car parked away from building and backed in. My wife thinks I'm nuts, but she's a Tennessee Volunteer fan, so there's that.

Oh, look, moonshine! I've got an inside track on some peach shine....little Georgia, little Tennessee.