Thread: Hotels

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by TEOTWAWKI13 View Post
    and by the way, Go Dawgs!!!
    No comment!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by TEOTWAWKI13 View Post
    and by the way, Go Dawgs!!! .

careful,now. You ARE in enemy territory.............
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Dropy View Post
    So she parks at my door with her rear in my face.
    Bwahahahaha!

tx Dropy!
    Last edited by mitunnelrat; 10-13-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Removed content of poor taste

For the Love of Cats

As to the Op's question... whenever possible, I try to stay on the second or third floor, as it is possible to jump if necessary. a quick bedsheet rope can lessen the drop. I live out of my bag, as I keep a garbage bag for dirty clothes at the bottom, and as I wear something and change it out, I bag it at the bottom, take fresh from the top. So it is always ready to grab and go.

Up here it is motels that are one or two story's and have outside access to the rooms, I try to park in front of the door as well, and depending on the area, I'll grab the axe from the truck and use it as a wedge under the door. No one will kick that in. Since we cannot carry handguns, I'll have my machette on the nightstand

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Since we cannot carry handguns, I'll have my machette on the nightstand
    If I were someone trying to do harm and am met with a crazy guy with a machete, I'm gonna haul balls to get the heck outta there. I think you get the intimidation award.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Besides ALWAYS hanging the, "PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the outside of the door to keep the housekeepers out until we are ready for them to clean our room, we always place one of these under our door at night. It will definitely scare the you-know-what out of anyone trying to break in through the door. We usually carry two in case there is an adjoining room door.

Amazon.com: GE 50246 Smart Home Door Stop Alarm: Home Improvement

nothing special. I can always just hang from the balcony of second floor and drop. :-) I"m old, but not so old that a mere 6-7 ft of drop is going to hurt me any.

I do some work in a hotel once a week.

Just a few weeks ago some guy was out front shootng at a vehicle...The bullets pentrated the metal...nobody was killed that night but the same guy a week later after being on the run killed a cop.

My point is probably over half of the people staying or visiting any hotel are probably a criminal element. From Hookers to bank robbers and people avoiding the law to drug users and sellers. Think about it.

That doesn't sound like very good odds. My sister was on vacation and had their license plate stolen off their vehicle in the hotel parking lot.

When they got home they had a visit from the FBI. Their plate was used in a bank robbery.

Anyone staying in a hotel is rubbing elbows with some section of the criminal world. Great caution should be used.

Is the criminal element still about 50% even when staying in better hotels? (Though we can't afford them).

We had our room ransacked once by the cleaning service. They went through everything we had looking for drugs, so the hotel manager told us later. We always keep all our valuables (which are few) with us at all times.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    My point is probably over half of the people staying or visiting any hotel are probably a criminal element. From Hookers to bank robbers and people avoiding the law to drug users and sellers. Think about it.
    Yea, when I see all those middle aged men and women in business attire at Hilton Garden Inns, Hyatt Places and Marriot Crowne Plaza's the first thing I think are bank robbers, people avoiding the law and drug users.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout