Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for good prescription glasses

I have still yet to grow a brain

Looking for good prescription glasses

Yeah 4 eyes here needs new external optical enhancement that needs to be reliable. I have come to the point in my life where I need progressive lenses. (That name alone bugs me progressive...) Otherwise known as Bifocals.

Here are the needs

Durable for SHTF moments (Impact and general abuse)
    Looks good (I could be Vain)
    Carries the option of a heavy prescription (Yeah I am a heavy prescription. But I can see the Iron Sights and the body outline still)
    Lens interchange...(not a must have but..)
    Good for weapon usage (Aiming)

NVG....totally a work deduction!

Wiley X

XL-1 glasses, everything you describe.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

For the BOB....I keep the most heavy duty safety glass frames and lenses I can find.

Wally world is the most cost effective solution.....I buy a couple cheapy pairs to destroy.

develop a cashes....and go ahead and buy a couple repair kits. I also keep a couple pieces of thin wire in there for making field repairs...in case you strip a screw or hole.

I do have one good set of Bolli goggles with prescription lenses....and the inserts for my M-40 gas mask.

I do wear contacts...and keep a couple years supply....and that can be stretched.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Not bad. ^^^ They kinda look like my non-prescription Smith sunglasses that I wear.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

NVG....totally a work deduction!

Quote Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
    Not bad. ^^^ They kinda look like my non-prescription Smith sunglasses that I wear.
    if you take the foam gasket out and remove the band they look pretty much like normal sunglasses.

They are tough, a one review I read a guy ran over his with his truck and just needed new lenses, but the frames were fine.

Where's the epi?

My only concern with buying a couple years worth of Rx lenses when ya get to the age of bifocals is they are expensive (this goes for contact lenses too) and most people have to change their Rx every year so you will have glasses (contacts) that you can't use anymore. Just a thought. Cheap reading glasses in various powers (progressivly higher) from wally world are a very good option for your up close work should you not be able to get to an eye doc wshtf. Don't ya hate getting old? Trifocals are even worse.
    I apologize for nothing...

GunnerMax
    Wiley-X makes some nice transitional glasses.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

All my RX glasses are Oakleys.

I never did care for the Wiley-x's..... but then again, I have a fat head.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Wiley X agreed. They are good for the need and look good... yet I am blind enough to have to heavy of a prescription.
    Oakleys yes. They are good for the need and look good... yet I am blind enough to have to heavy of a prescription.

I was just informed today that Ray Ban Daddy-O 2578 Large and 2581 Small Frames would provide for most of my wants. Periph protection/Larger Viewing Area/Frame Structure (for abuse)
    They don't allow me to easily change lenses with out slowly compromising the frames ability to hold lenses. They cant curve the lenses or the prescription goes bad. So only flat lenses.

Are there any other brands that could provide a lil more of what I seek? (I hate the wide temples I like thinner ones but hey gotta stay in the vogue look I guess)

Side note ALWAYS save your previous glasses your current ones will break....

Bacon Spam

Could alway order a pair online at place called zenni optical