Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You have to leave the house right now

Claptrap's Problem Solver

You have to leave the house right now

Chemical spill, fast moving forest fire, whatever.

You have to leave and will be gone for a week.

Where are you going?

What route will you take to get there?

What supplies are you taking with you?

I'm not asking for specific answers...these are rhetorical questions. Do you know the answers to them? Can you answer them as soon as you read the question?

Discuss.....
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

For the Love of Cats

yep. Was on Evac notice 3 times this spring for fires. got everything nec. close at hand, and ready to go.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

leave....goto BOL.....wait for all clear.

The house would go on lock down.....but I have everything I need at BOL.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Forest fire no big deal. Area around house is clear of material, I got water to wet things down. Load things that can't be replaced (like my guns and ammo) in truck just in case I have to leave. Since it is an isolated incident everything else can burn or get destroyed, will replace with insurance money. Drive to closest hotel and relax.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Short term, I go to my buddy's ranchette about 12 miles away. I know all the back ways in. I already have stuff there and can stay in his trailer. Long term hook up the equipment trailer and head to the BOL.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Bacon Spam

I practice this weekly and fail everytime, currently working about 2 hours from home and staying in a temp apt, I have to pack clothes for the week, gym clothes, dog and all dogs stuff, my ccw, a back up rifle or just in case I have time to go to the range, my GHB stays in my vehicle , but I always need to move it based on where the dog will need to ride, so he doent eff it up

Anyways back to the scenerio, I try and grab what I need as fast as I can to practice, I then try and secure my home, but always find I forget something important or have to double check a locked door or something, all I can say is if I had to do it in real life, I would probably not grab something I despirately need or forget to secure some door or window....

How big is the affected area?
    My family will probably be going to my sister-in-laws place in PA.
    if the affected area is bigger than that, to my brother in NC.

Me, I am stuck at work for the duration.

this happens alot gotta roll for a week due to some flooding or some nonsense head to pops for a week hang out drink beer life continues taking enough for 3 days for all of us my hammers because you don't want looters to get these things anything else insurace will replace. route like 6 miles south i 81

i mean short term i think all of us have had to deal with time to time. the part that we all have that little bit of fear about is long term. i mean we can fight a forrest fire with controlled burns and water i live a mile from the susquehanna river it floods every 20 years like badly in 72 it was agnes last year ivan hit us and bridges get knocked down homes are lost. i am behind the mountains so we never get wet but we may be stuck for a few days due to flooded out roads. i am cool my truck goes through anything
    so i am saying in reality what are we prepping for may be a little diffrent we have never had forrest fire too much water here. i am thinking nation or world wide event.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Don't have anywhere to go.
    It'll be make or break right here, I suppose.