Ok, so... Lots of us have a 1st, 2nd, and TEOTWAWKI combat load out. Example: mine is 1st line - pistol style belt with drop leg holster, 4 pistol mags, BOK, multi tool, light holster, roll up dump pouch, and 2-20 round AK mags, built on the bump in the night that takes me outdoors, or a working around the BOL type situation it's minimal for the rifle because it's primarily focused on pistol. 2nd line - plate carrier with cummerbund removed for weight elimination (no side armor right now, and none coming anytime soon) cumberbund is setup with GP pouch and can be re-attached without removal of pouches since the pouch is on my weak side, the PC has 3-30 round AK mags, which gives me 130 x39 rounds with the 1st line, and 4 17 round pistol mags up front. The PC stays clean at the back in case it has to be worn in a vehicle. That's very likely plenty if SHTF today, but.... What about SHTF Day +1? I've got enough ammo to last till my luck runs out stored here, and at the BOL, but if one has to go on foot, or is literally over run and can't get out with much, assuming you don't have a cache nearby, and your BOB is lightly configured for re-supply due to size, and weight constraints of other mission critical gear, how have you planned to carry extra ammo? I don't see a lot of mention of additional carrying methods for re-supply. If I gotta take the Nike Express, my plan is pretty ghetto, pad the handle of a .50 can, sling my rifle, and carry it. I met a guy who went into Panama to take an " un-defended target" and was out of ammo in the first few minutes when the standard load out wasn't enough. I'm not planning to go toe to toe with an army, but expecting the unexpected is probably a good idea.

Anybody have an ingenious idea? Exclude "extra ammo" in your BOB, I have that too.

Talk amongst yourselves.