Thread: Logistics of re-supply at the fighting load out level

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If we are talking taking on an army i am strategically located cliffs on both sides one way in or out its a pinch point so buggin in is the best bet. but leaving will eventually happen and the rear is best way out for us. i am taking 2 rifles and my shot gun no auto matic weapons but the shot gun has plenty of buck shot and one round at a time will suppress alot of people. i have stuffed my winter coat with ammo so it is wear able and able to carry a thousand rounds while still being able to carry a tent food small amount of water and basic bug out supplies.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by tompnoid View Post
    If we are talking taking on an army i am strategically located cliffs on both sides one way in or out its a pinch point so buggin in is the best bet. but leaving will eventually happen and the rear is best way out for us. i am taking 2 rifles and my shot gun no auto matic weapons but the shot gun has plenty of buck shot and one round at a time will suppress alot of people. i have stuffed my winter coat with ammo so it is wear able and able to carry a thousand rounds while still being able to carry a tent food small amount of water and basic bug out supplies.
    If it were me....I'd loose the extra guns....do a primary and a secondary.....and carry more food.....but that's just me...
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

NVG....totally a work deduction!

Quote Originally Posted by tompnoid View Post
    Have you ever carried two rifles and a shotgun? Its not so easy, then you have several types of ammo unless the rifles are the same, but shotgun ammo is heavy too.

I used to think I'd carry several of my weapons, but after taking a little hike with them packed I decided that made no sense. Just have a good primary and a handgun.

In some situations I can see taking my 10/22 takedown as well. Of course all of this is assuming I end up solo, hopefully I can get my team together before I have to go into
    a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by cwconnertx View Post
    Have you ever carried two rifles and a shotgun? Its not so easy, then you have several types of ammo unless the rifles are the same, but shotgun ammo is heavy too.

I used to think I'd carry several of my weapons, but after taking a little hike with them packed I decided that made no sense. Just have a good primary and a handgun.

In some situations I can see taking my 10/22 takedown as well. Of course all of this is assuming I end up solo, hopefully I can get my team together before I have to go into
    a fight.
    yes the shot gun is heavy but i also got my oldest who is 11 and very able bodied along with the wife i am not leaving the guns ta hell with the nonsense i will not be leaving the weapons. food is priority 1 and the creek is spring fed and we are following it up so drinking water even in winter is not a issue food will be but the guns provide some security as far as food is concerned i mean we will be taking at least a weeks worth of cans and noodles rice whatever but i am sayign stuff your coat the lining it will help carry more and allow it to be on your shoulders and not around your waist