Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Logistics of re-supply at the fighting load out level

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Im currently running 15 rifle mags on the plate carrier, 5 pistol mags, whereas the wife is running 4 rifle mags, and 5 pistol. I know that if the time comes and we have to start lighting the fires, our plan is for me to hold off whomever, while the wife and kids break contact. Obviously that will take more firepower to do that hence the added ammo. As for a resupply, Ive got 100 plus rifle mags, 50+ pistol mags, plus shotgun bandoliers already loaded up, cached, and in ammo cans waiting to be used.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

^ Can I be on your side?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Thought you already was bro!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

I think I need to buy a few more mags to be effectual.

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Just to clarify, theres a reason I have so many mags. Those of us who have been on a two way range and went black on ammo, can testify, that it is a horrible feeling. It has happened to me once, and I swore right afterwards, it would never happen again. Now, I have close to 200 AR mags, 10 Beta-C Mags, 30 or so Glock mags, 30 or so 1911 mags, and 7-8 shotgun bandoliers. Im not done buying yet, not even close. When/if it ever comes down to it, I want to be the guy standing in the end. As long as the lucky bullet with my name on it doesnt catch me, I plan on running whoever it is out of ammo.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Im currently running 15 rifle mags on the plate carrier, 5 pistol mags, whereas the wife is running 4 rifle mags, and 5 pistol. I know that if the time comes and we have to start lighting the fires, our plan is for me to hold off whomever, while the wife and kids break contact. Obviously that will take more firepower to do that hence the added ammo. As for a resupply, Ive got 100 plus rifle mags, 50+ pistol mags, plus shotgun bandoliers already loaded up, cached, and in ammo cans waiting to be used.
    Just out of curiousity... what does that rig weigh? (plate carrier, rifle/pistol mags), your wifes?

NVG....totally a work deduction!

I've got different load outs for different situations, but none quite have that level of magazines. But I have a pretty heavy load in some variations, especially with all the armor on.

That said, I store my ammunition in magazines, I must have at least 50 AR magazines full of ammo

I have a modular approach, different gear for night, day, close quarters, open spaces, short term, long term. So much gear is so specialized its hard to make generalizations,

For instance, I have a left leg platform set up for close quarters / indoors, with flash bangs and rubber ball smoke grenades and CS grenades (rubber balls go through glass, regular smokes, not so much), none of which make any sense in a long term outdoors bug out.

As an alternate load, I have a left leg platform set up with 22 conversion kits, magazines, and 22lr ammo (advantage arms glock 19 conversion and cmmg AR 15), this makes a lot more sense for a long term, don't know when I'll be back since it gives more ammo and ammo options.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Just out of curiousity... what does that rig weigh? (plate carrier, rifle/pistol mags), your wifes?
    Mine, with plates, runs about 65 pounds, wifes with plates, runs about 35 pounds.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

I already have extra ammo and mags scattered around my town in various places, most are 90rds in stripper clips and 3 mags. They are packaged in a triple layer of mylar, along with a desiccant packet. Most are in bodies of water, weighed down with heavy rocks, or naturally weighed down by their own weight. I am using 550 cord to tie them from floating down stream. They are located under bridges, walkways, in streams, etc. Close enough to my house for a ten minute walk.

The same can and should be done on the way to your BOL or wherever you plan on going.

Andrew