Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fun with Paracord

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Marbles.....

I used a mouse ball....microsoft.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Or you could go to your favorite muzzle loader supply and get some .75 caliber lead balls made for a Brown Bess musket. Nobody will laugh when 400 grains of lead wrapped in paracord whacks them. Just sayin'.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Crotch Rocket

Damn Grumpy, I like that idea most for some reason.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Crotch Rocket

Fun with Paracord

Ok. Change of direction. Instead of loading a new monkey's fist I decided to use it as an anchor point and put the weight on the other end of the line. My original hitch fell apart, and this worked to my favor for building an expedient weapon into my setup.

I used a chain link weave this time. It requires a loop knotted into the end to get it started, so I put a swivel clip there, which then required an extra turn for the links to run the proper direction. After that its just a matter of running a series of loops through one another, so it looks like this

The way I set it up allows my to cinch it around the belt by pulling the monkey's fist through the last loop and drawing it tight. Doing that will keep the links from unraveling themselves, but also keeps it accessible for me to do so purposely. The lanyard itself was also positioned so as not to impede with the line unraveling.

It'd be a last resort type of weapon because its really not much of one at all, but its set up to work that way if it must. Its got enough other more practical, utilitarian purposes to be worth keeping though. Not the least of which is I'll never drop my keys again
    Last edited by mitunnelrat; 07-18-2012 at 09:48 PM.

For the Love of Cats

Came across this whilst surfing, seems like a neat idea:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Para...e-survival-ki/
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

Paracord belts look cool, but (at least the one I made) don't seem very effective to me.

Granted, I used a different weave that the one pictured, but I found the belt would stretch too much and also sag under anything belt mounted, especially a holstered pistol.

I shelved it, and used most of it in other projects. I think I have a section left in case I want to try its weave again, which is made to unravel quickly.

I like the concept though.

Crotch Rocket

Fun with Paracord

I upgraded my bracelet to one with a king cobra weave last night, and made a king cobra watch band today:

To make a king cobra you do a normal cobra weave, but instead of cutting it at the end you double it over on itself and keep going back to the buckle you started from. Make sense?

Its approximately 20 feet of cord, 1" wide, and about 1/2" thick when done.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Bacon saver

OK time to "PIPE" my self aboard. Look up this http://www.amazon.com/The-Ashley-Boo.../dp/0385040253 this is the book that I lived by as a young seaman all the way to Senior Chief in the Navy! This is the shit! Anything and everything you want to and can do is in there. I stake my reputation and life on it. It's worth the money. I can't say enough about it.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    paracord is my friend. LOL here are just a few of the things i have done. i use steel, wood, glass or rubber 'Super Balls' depending on what people want it for.

Last edited by robsdak; 10-09-2012 at 03:14 AM.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Paracord belts look cool, but (at least the one I made) don't seem very effective to me.

Granted, I used a different weave that the one pictured, but I found the belt would stretch too much and also sag under anything belt mounted, especially a holstered pistol.

I shelved it, and used most of it in other projects. I think I have a section left in case I want to try its weave again, which is made to unravel quickly.

I like the concept though.

i have been looking at older posts, to give a 'possible new member' a starting point in the direction she wants to go. anyway, i wanted to comment on this one.

MI, the problem your having is your not getting it tight enough. i have done several belts and they wear/carry weight like a leather belt does. it just takes repetition to be able to feel and get the right tension. i have made things so tight and stiff you would think there is a wood/steel rod inside the knots. hope this helps.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy