Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fun with Paracord

Crotch Rocket

Has anybody (not you Rob, we already know you have!) gotten to any paracord projects since we last discussed this? I'd love to see them.

(J/K Rob, fire away! Lol)
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by robsdak View Post
    i have been looking at older posts, to give a 'possible new member' a starting point in the direction she wants to go. anyway, i wanted to comment on this one.

MI, the problem your having is your not getting it tight enough. i have done several belts and they wear/carry weight like a leather belt does. it just takes repetition to be able to feel and get the right tension. i have made things so tight and stiff you would think there is a wood/steel rod inside the knots. hope this helps.
    And I just realized I never answered this. I'm gonna have to find that weave pattern again to give it another go - or just hire you
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Might send you the Swedish Vacu-pump 2000 when you've already said it's not your bag
    I've started playing with paracord and just made some bracelets for the family. One thing I did differently though is to use a Chain Sinnet weave instead of a Cobra knot. When it's done it looks exactly like a Cobra knot but doesn't require you to untie the bracelet to get to the cord. You just pull out the one end from the final loop and pull both ends and voila, 7-9 feet of cord (depending on wrist size). You could make a pseudo-King Cobra with it as well and get the same amount of cord as the King Cobra, I just haven't tried yet.

No pictures since they just look like your standard black (and one blue) "survival" bracelet.

Slight tangent -
    I saw a kind of cool idea on another site (not going to put up the URL because Rob is a member and they aren't...Rob gets links, they don't ). They had two different lines of survival bracelets as follows:
    The thin white/red/blue line bracelet that looked like a Cobra weave with a line through it. I grabbed some screen shots and put them together below. They are to support EMS, Fire, Police and "Red, White & Blue".

The other cool idea was a "Support" bracelet, with a "ribbon" knot worked into the weave:

The reason I bring this up is...I was wondering if we as a group thought we might be able to come up with an identifying mark or bracelet. Being able to quickly identify another colony member in a crowd or post-fan event might be nice. Don't get me wrong, nothing is fool-proof and I know they could be "cloned" or duplicated but not everyone has an ant patch on everything they wear.

Just a thought.