Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In the brief time I have been here I see alot of this with most of you.

I have still yet to grow a brain

In the brief time I have been here I see alot of this with most of you.

" I " am becoming prepared... "Me and my family are prepping" and other comments that DO NOT INCLUDE others.

It seems to me that the few can only go so far.

Yeah having guns is great, having food is a good plan and just about everything else is good. But team work is what will propel you into a more stable environment.

You cant rely on your friends 100% lets think real world here. They may need to travel to you or expect you to travel to them or a BoL. We can attempt to cover all issues that pertain to our selves but we cant expect everything to go as planed.

I wish to receive your feed back on this thought.

Does anyone plan to organize/lead/teach their neighbors to work as a community?

I have started to reach out to others in my residential area. And I don't inform them of what I have done but rather what I have researched and what I plan to do. By interacting with others you help shore up the base to where you have a larger 'force' to deal with situations that 1-5 would have issues with.

I live in CO which is mostly a Democratic state so it is more difficult to analyze the possible outcome.

If (as I have read) a lot of you here believe that something is in the process of fruition. Shouldn't you start on the path of strengthening something that hasn't been spoken about here.

America was not created by a solo entity rather a collage of brains and ideas. And this here I can tell you will be met with harsh criticism but here is where multiple lines of thoughts can be valued.

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

If there is ever a time for them to take u seriously, it will already be too late. History has proven this to me.

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

As a follow up, i believe the communities will form once the event/crisis has revealed those of a feather who'r like minded in being prepared.

I no longer seek out. But have had a few find me for questions.

I'm new here, my first post. I've only been into actual physical prepping for about a year. Before that, I'd been mentally prepping since childhood, being aware of my surroundings and the political and social state of the country. Lately it has seemed utilitarian to me to actually get involved with the more physical/hardware aspects. This was, to a great measure, pushed along by a very loose collection of friends and acquaintances. Currently, I'm involved with a few people on a serious level, keeping in contact with each other and making limited plans for potential problems or helps.

Crotch Rocket

I find it interesting you get that vibe from this site, as its the exact opposite of what I see myself. Granted, there's discussion on plans to avoid leeches and/ or deter the violent, but many people here do network and reach out to others.

If you look in the communities you'll see our call tree groups and other groups such as the Florida preppers.

Echo's posts are replete with mention of his MAG and their efforts

Grumpy's talked about meeting and networking with folks in his AO.

IIRC, Stormy mentioned some outreach he's done bringing people into prepping. At least one member came here due to that.

There are clues and indications board wide that many folks are grouped up and/ or networking beyond what they openly discuss here.

All of this leads me to believe it isn't so much "I" as in "I selfishly", but "I" as in, "I am selective in who I approach/ work with."

Is it the recent threads in the "Are you ready" vein influencing your feeling?

Might send you the Swedish Vacu-pump 2000 when you've already said it's not your bag
    Vodin - You need to be able to tell the difference between "I put so much of this and that away this week" and "I am ready for all hell to break loose and drop anyone who comes within 300 ft. of my abode". Let's assume I do work with a MAG (mutual assistance group for those reading this who don't know what it is), I'm not going to out the entire group and their preps for the week on a board that anyone on the Internet can read without even registering without their permission...that would be "political" suicide for me in the group.

A lot of the talk simply relates to what "I" as an individual have done because it was a)purchased by me, b)installed by me, c)is on my property and/or d)affects me directly, even if it is for the benefit of a MAG. It has nothing to do with selfishness or lack thereof, it is simply what I happen to be working on, possibly as my portion of my MAG. Again, I'm not going to out my MAG though.

Now I'm not one of those OPSEC crazy nobody's ever gonna find me OMG I've erased myself from the map kind of people (no offense to anyone who is). I kinda put two in the head of that when I published my book under my real name and had the first draft of it all but given away on another board under my handle (same one as here). My anonymity is shot all to hell. My bad, I'll deal with it. My point is much like mitunnelrat, don't assume that because someone uses "I" that they are being selfish, they aren't always (sometimes maybe but not even usually on this site). Here they are simply referring to themselves and what they happen to have accomplished.

--DL

Claptrap's Problem Solver

MITR and DarkLight both said it very well.

I think if you dig deeper you'll find there's a very strong bias against lone wolf, one-man-army bullshit on this website.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    I was going to write this long drawn out explanation, but the three guys above me did it already, and they said it much better than I could.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

I for one will at least be starting out in a SHTF situation as a lone wolf (or pair, including my wife), but that is due to design rather than choice. I have a couple key neighbours, who I'll be able to group with, but at this time they aren't preppers per say. I also have some family that will be coming over, again, with minimal provisions, but with skills. I do believe that we could make it on our own, in the event, but it would be a lot of hard work, and hard work is best accomplished when divided among many hands.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    OK, a few added words here.

I don't mean family and close friends. I am speaking of a neighborhood. Yours.
    I don't imply or suggest supplying intimate details of your links with others.

I have read a few things yes not all but I saw nothing dealing with 'large scale' awareness. Large scale meaning more than 10 families. This is what I discuss. And I run short on time but since (as I stated) I have been here briefly I see a lot of lone wolf setups / descriptions. Lone wolf beings 5 or less people. Discussion in "Are you Ready " is a perfect example mitunnel. Most of the main posters took a position that made me ponder this question.

Apologies for the brief run down but I must be off. No irritation was intended with the question.