Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New car shopping...FML

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    in the market for a newer vehicle for the wife. Having some weird issue with the land rover where it automatically shuts off after a few miles of driving. A mechanic friend said it may have to do with the security system override. Where it thinks its being stolen, so it shuts off the gas to it. No idea, and no money to take it to get professionally diagnosed, so life sucks here in the vehicle dept too bro!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    The Rogue is decent, they never came for stupid repairs when I was at Nissan. STAY AWAY from the Murano. I put 7k trannies in those like you wouldn't believe. Then Nissan admitted they had a bad trans, and extended drivetrain warranties to 120k for the vin range that had issues.
    almost all of nissans cars are good to go. the exception being the Murano. It's an extreme POS
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

let me say this domestic means you can get parts and can work on it nissan has those stupid sealed trannies may i recommend a pontiac or chevy product. a blazer something cost effective 4 wheel drive v6 or 4cylinder you can get parts out of any yard for em for nothing and they are simple to work on.

on another note i was thinking chevy volt would like to have something that never uses gas and is built in detroit

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by tompnoid View Post
    let me say this domestic means you can get parts and can work on it nissan has those stupid sealed trannies may i recommend a pontiac or chevy product. a blazer something cost effective 4 wheel drive v6 or 4cylinder you can get parts out of any yard for em for nothing and they are simple to work on.

on another note i was thinking chevy volt would like to have something that never uses gas and is built in detroit
    the volt... I wont comment on my thoughts on that thing...

Izzy, a good question is was your general budget for it is... Allows us to come up with better options for ya!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Izzy, I'm right there with you. Going through a divorce right now and that whole vehicle situation sucks ass. With all the changes going on my 4 door Ford truck just went by-by. I'm now getting around in a car that I feel I have to combat roll out of. There are +'s.....no payments, cheaper insurance and gas costs. So I guess my point here might be just to get what you can get to take you from point A to point B.
    Last edited by LUNCHBOX; 07-13-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    Izzy, I'm right there with you. Going through a divorce right now and that whole vehicle situation sucks ass. With all the changes going on my 4 door Ford truck just went by-by. I'm now getting around in a car that I feel I have to combat roll out of. There are +'s.....no payments, cheaper insurance and gas costs. So I guess my point here might be just to get what you can get to take you from point A to point B.
    Guess im stuck driving from now on cause i aint gonna fit in yo car.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Update--------------

So we ended up getting into a brand new car.
    While I was never a fan of GM (especially after the bailout), GM was able to pull it together for me.
    GM has a program for people coming out of bankruptcy.

The program put us with a prime lender (previous note was with a secondary lender) and dropped out interest rate from 17% to 8%. WIN
    They were also able to drop out car note from $450/ month to $375.
    The new car gets twice the gas mileage out Jeep did, cutting out monthly fuel budget in half. Our fuel budget went from 700/ month to $350/ month.

What did we get you ask?

A 2012 Chevy Cruze

So far, I'm loving the car.

Total monthly savings....... around $425......
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

NICE! I think you'll be happy with it!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I have one decent vehicle a 05 nissan titan. ( I actually love that truck). But my other vehicles are a 96 saturn, and a 02 nissan quest, that has been through hell. Getting rid of it as soon as I pick up a 97 Nissan Alitma (buying from a friend for 1200 bucks). I don't plan to ever buy a vehicle that cost more than 5k ever again.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Update--------------

So we ended up getting into a brand new car.
    While I was never a fan of GM (especially after the bailout), GM was able to pull it together for me.
    GM has a program for people coming out of bankruptcy.

The program put us with a prime lender (previous note was with a secondary lender) and dropped out interest rate from 17% to 8%. WIN
    They were also able to drop out car note from $450/ month to $375.
    The new car gets twice the gas mileage out Jeep did, cutting out monthly fuel budget in half. Our fuel budget went from 700/ month to $350/ month.

What did we get you ask?

A 2012 Chevy Cruze

So far, I'm loving the car.

Total monthly savings....... around $425......
    As we discussed on the phone..congrats!

Also, well done on making the money aspect work more in your favor.

Sometimes life deals us soup-sandwiches and we're stuck. But if there's a way to decrease the outflow of funds while increasing the functionality of the the item (ie. more bang for the buck) then it's a huge win.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout