Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New car shopping...FML

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

New car shopping...FML

I hate car shopping.

We've begun looking for a new(ish) vehicle to replace the Commander. We need something smaller and with better mileage.

Looking at a Nissan Rogue AWD.

Hard part is, we just received our discharge papers from our bankruptcy. This process is going to suck.

That is all.

Izzy
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Tough times don't last; tough people do! You're as tough as they come Izzy. Keep your chin up and things will work out. You're in my prayers buddy.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I'll most likely shit myself

Prayers from as well Izzy. Your too good of a man for things not to turn around for you.

Thanks guys......

trying to convince the wife she needs that quad cab deuce for a daily driver...............
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

just look up accident pictures for whatever little car that she likes. The carnage will convince her that bigger is better. Then it is up to you to push the deuce over say a Lexus LX
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I"m not afraid of a smaller car. She likes the nissan rogue. I do to (as much as I can "like" a small SUV). It helps I used to sell Nissan. I dont think she'll go for the deuce...........actually, I know. When hell freezes over.............

- - - Updated - - -

I"m not afraid of a smaller car. She likes the nissan rogue. I do to (as much as I can "like" a small SUV). It helps I used to sell Nissan. I dont think she'll go for the deuce...........actually, I know. When hell freezes over.............

To further this conversation and actually relate it to prepping,

consider this:

When choosing a vehicle it really boils down to needs vs wants......

Sure I'd like to have the 4wd gas guzzling mammoth, but do I need it really?

I'm much better served by fuel economy right now than I am off road capability

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Get whats needed.Save for the utility vech.Might consider a base 4x4 and add things as you save for them.Coming off a Bankruptsy also.
    Found an old but running 65 dodge power wagon.Slant 6 going to start from there.
    "When the world is at peace, a gentleman keeps his sword by his side"

this one will be the family car.......next item on the list: ditching my civic for something more manly.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Dude....My daily driver is a Subaru Baja...03.

Bought it with 63k from a salvage yard for <$4k.....invested $1200 in parts....booked for $11,900 when done.

Mrs Echo has a 99 Surburban....used for $6200...runs great...had it for almost 2 years now.....found on CL....clean...and the guy had meticulous maintenance records.

My second Vehicle is a 94 F150....needed clutch....got truck....welding machine....spool gun....and torch outfit...$1600

Just keep your eyes open...there are deals to be had.

If you run across anything on CL in the Roanoke Salem area of Va....I'll take a peek to see if it worth the drive.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

The Rogue is decent, they never came for stupid repairs when I was at Nissan. STAY AWAY from the Murano. I put 7k trannies in those like you wouldn't believe. Then Nissan admitted they had a bad trans, and extended drivetrain warranties to 120k for the vin range that had issues.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.