Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great little piece of gear....HF lights

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Great little piece of gear....HF lights

OK guys...and gals....This is a recommendation from the voice of experience with them.

I found these about 2 1/2 to 3 years ago....they have them at Harbor freight.

You can catch them on sale for around $3.00.

I bought a case....played with them camping and around the house....liked them and then bought 2 more cases and gave them out for Christmas presents.

As you may have heard...we here in the Mid-Atlantic area had a bad storm that took out power to tens of thousands of customers.

All (and I do mean all) the folks that I gave these lights to that lost power....called and asked where I got them.

I've been using them for a couple years....and have done a few test. They will stay on for about 48 hours straight with the batteries from the factory.

I have taken a large head wood screw and a drywall molly....and have them hanging by the magnetic back around the house. We also keep one in each closet hung by the fold down hook that closes into the back.

I just went to their sidewalk sale and picked up 3 more cases.

IMO...well worth the money
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

What sort of batteries do those take?

I like those a lot....especially the idea of pre-hanging them around the house so you don't have to go stumping around for a flashlight. Better yet, you can throw off some background light in a room and save the batteries in your flashlight for more important duties.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

In his experience the hammer head is better

My brother got me one for Xmas...hes 12 so it was good forethought on his part. I love the thing and use it all the time.

They use 3 AAA...on a side note....after the 70 + hours that it ran before all useable light was gone.....I let it rest for a day....and at short burst...it will still produce useable light off the same batts.

the button is 24 on....off...3 on....off....24 on...etc.

- - - Updated - - -

The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

I'll most likely shit myself

I picked up a few of these at Tractor Supply last Christmas. We keep one stuck on our fridge and one in the bathroom on our pie safe. I haven't done a burn test yet, but they both still have the original batteries in them and we use them a fair amount, just not in long streches.

Thinks it might be German

These lights get my endorsment as well. We use them for camping, gun safe, and like Bacpacker, we keep one on the fridge as well.
    Echo is spot on with the battery SOP. One of ours died a long slow painful death while camping. Next night I was going to change the batteries when I pushed the button to see just how dead it was, it lit up like Three Rivers Stadium.
    The 12 Gauge... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

i have one of these in every vehicle.

Need the worlds hottest pepper seeds? See him...
    Echo, do you have a link to where you got them?

Need the worlds hottest pepper seeds? See him...
    Thanks Echo.