Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Izzy's light recon rig

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Izzy's light recon rig

It's a work in progress. I have a HSGI popper chest rig to go with this setup. I'll post pics of that when I get it set up. It's handy, minimalist, and light.

What I've done here is give an old look a new take. Kinda looks like an old LBE setup....right?

I took my Brokos Battlebelt and added a Kifaru Scout pack.

The Kifaru scout is about twice the size of a normal GI buttpack....ergo twice the capacity. I can hols a lot more stuff.....Duh....
    To handle the extra weight, the Kifaru has internal aluminum staves (read: internal frame).

I simply ran by belt through the belt docking platform in the Kifaru and used the Kifaru's shoulder straps as the support "suspenders" for the rig.

Beauty is, I can detach the pack in under a 2 minutes and use the belt as a stand alone item.

On the belt are 2 rifle mags, 4 pistol, knife, and light.

When used in conjunction with the low profile chest rig, I bump my mag carrying capacity to 6+ mags.

Water is in the form of a Camelbak bladder inside the pack in its won pouch. there is a routing port in the top to put the hose through. I'll be adding 2 Nalgene pouches when funds permit.

Simple......effective....sexy.

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice lookin set up Izzy. How big is that pack? Fair amount of gear in a small package.

https://kifaru.net/scout.html

1300 cubic inches.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice little pack.

Intelligence Officer

I like it. Do you have any suspenders or anything like that attached? Couldn't tell in the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehuntereky View Post
    I like it. Do you have any suspenders or anything like that attached? Couldn't tell in the pic.
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    .........used the Kifaru's shoulder straps as the support "suspenders" for the rig...............

Sends messages from his BRONYDEVICE using MobileBro2
    You got the rifle mags backwards. :P
    Looks nice, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    You got the rifle mags backwards.

Says you, young padawan.

Bullets forward on the mags is what works for how I have to manipulate the big gorilla hands of mine.

We're not all as young and bendy as we used to be.

Thinks it might be German

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Says you, young padawan.

Bullets forward on the mags is what works for how I have to manipulate the big gorilla hands of mine.

We're not all as young and bendy as we used to be.
    That's how I run mine as well.... Just seems natural for my average human hands.
    The 12 Gauge... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Sends messages from his BRONYDEVICE using MobileBro2
    It works, but beer canning the mags gives me a better and more solid grip on the mags.

Sent from my BRODEVICE using MobileBro2