Thread: USB charger that runs on water

Thinks it might be German

USB charger that runs on water

Please forgive if this has been posted....

I think for the money and bang for buck, I would rather have a Biolite Stove, or even a small solar setup, but this is still pretty cool technology.

PowerTrekk
    PowerTrekk is a portable fuel cell charger for use by outdoor enthusiasts who spend time away from the electricity grid. PowerTrekk provides instant power anywhere to electronic equipment such as mobile phones, digital cameras and GPS devices.

PowerTrekk is a 2-in-1 solution that is both a portable battery pack and fuel cell. The portable battery pack can be operated on its own as a ready source of power or storage buffer for the fuel cell. The fuel cell enables instant charging from a deflated battery state without ever needing a wall charge
    PowerTrekk will be available in selected stores beginning winter 2011.

The link: http://www.powertrekk.com/powertrekk/

Soon available at REI
    The 12 Gauge... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

That's neat!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Sends messages from his BRONYDEVICE using MobileBro2
    Very cool! Quite refreshing, actually.
    See what I did there?

Sent from my BRODEVICE using MobileBro2

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Seems neat, but from what I read you have to have fuel cells. Doesn't say how long they last, ro anything like that. Fuel cells don't last forever.

NVG....totally a work deduction!

It doesn't exactly run on water, it requires fuel, probably butane, but the site is limited in technical information. While it requires water, it doesn't "run" on water, the water is probably to dissipate the reaction waste heat.