Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best way to get around....post event?

For the Love of Cats

I ran airless tires on a road bike for a number of years, while they are a tad more firm on uneven terrain, they lasted amazingly well. except when a friend borrowed my bike, and his kid was playing around trying to see how long of a black streak he could leave on the driveway when he hit the brakes. The rubber seemed softer than a normal tire, and wore off rather quickly. after I got it back, it felt like the back tire was a stop sign.

If the rubber is stiff softer, then one might be cautious on rough terrain, where it might get cut or torn.

Can you still get that can stuff that you 'inflate' a tire with? like an expanding foam?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I'd thought of dirt bikes, but have no experience with motorized two-wheeled vehicles, and with no doctors around, decided against it.
    Maybe 4 wheelers someday, I've used those. Problem here in the city if vehicles were down, you'd be running a gauntlet anywhere you went with the noise they make.

I do have a bike, and plan a deck for the back. Also planning a trailer for it.

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice stuff Echo! The wife and I were just talking about looking for some mountain bikes over the weekend. Gotta start looking at those ASAP. Sounds like you have a good supply of spares and tools for keeping them running. In the end, that will come in very handy.
    I used to ride/race dirt bikes years ago. I traded my last one in 1978. I'm still pissed I did that. That's certianly something that would be well worth having. Can't wait to see more pics.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

As of right now ive got the kabota tractor and 4 wheeler and thats about it. I also dont have any experience on motorcyles or dirt bikes so thats prob out for now, thought about geting a couple mountain bikes but to find one sturdy enough for my big ars is gonna cost alot of cash. If all else fails guess ill be hoofing it.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    As of right now ive got the kabota tractor and 4 wheeler and thats about it. I also dont have any experience on motorcyles or dirt bikes so thats prob out for now, thought about geting a couple mountain bikes but to find one sturdy enough for my big ars is gonna cost alot of cash. If all else fails guess ill be hoofing it.
    Not true....All the bikes I have found are either Trek or Dimondback....The most expensive one was still under $100...and the most sunk into one to make rideable was under $50.

Yard sales are your friend...
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Horses make my wife happy, and my main job in life is to make my wife happy, so we have horses. Three of them.
    We need to get a small buggy.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Horses make my wife happy, and my main job in life is to make my wife happy, so we have horses. Three of them.
    We need to get a small buggy.
    Funny ; I've had that same job 40 plus years now.

Need the worlds hottest pepper seeds? See him...
    Here's mine.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice find E! That don't look that hard to build. Hmmmm.