Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best way to get around....post event?

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Best way to get around....post event?

We as a group....have made some preparations for being able to get around the farm post event.

I went a bit happy about a year ago and bought 6 fairly high end bicycles at swap meets and yard sales....I then serviced all of them....bought a few extra replacement parts...and decked a couple out with "luggage" racks.

before...

after....

This is one of the 6....and the last one. They are now stored at the BOL...hung upside down in the storage building.

I have also began working on this project....

It has been completely torn apart and gone through.....painted....and is being assembled now. it is a Honda XR200R.

I just picked up a Suzuki 350S DR dual sport....it is going to have the same done to it....I'll snap some pics before I begin to tear it down.

These along with the 4 wheelers, JD Mule,and Rhinos....not to mention the Kubota and a wagon....should be able to run for a while until the fuel runs out.

What do you have in stores for extreme rationing of fuel?
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

For the Love of Cats

Nice!

btw... do you have a manual tire pump? patch kits?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have a robot?
    One thing that I found about our stored mountain bikes is that if they are in a hot store unit the plastic and rubber degrades rapidly. I recommend extra tires, and tubes. Sounds like you got it squared away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Nice!

btw... do you have a manual tire pump? patch kits?
    Yes....multiples....I get the pumps at every yard sale I see them at.....hit them with conditioning oil for the seals.

I dropped the cash on a tire dunk tank about a year ago when I got my tire changer...it came with a very nice plug and patch kit....all the tools for scuffing. I'm going to order a refill kit this fall....all the adhesives are still well within date.

The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Thinks it might be German

We have mountain bikes... Been looking into getting them outfitted with airless tires.

http://www.airfreetires.com/shopping...cle-tires.aspx

Sold my old XR200... Still kicking myself for that!

The 12 Gauge... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    One thing that I found about our stored mountain bikes is that if they are in a hot store unit the plastic and rubber degrades rapidly. I recommend extra tires, and tubes. Sounds like you got it squared away.
    I planned for the bikes to have only 2 different sizes of tires.....so we have a couple of each size tire....a couple extra rims....a couple spare tubes for each tire....a couple extra chains.....a chain repair kit....spoke replacement kit.....and a cable repair kit with 1/2 a spool of cable.

I bought a bike swivel stand at a estate sale for $25.00....so that's covered too.

All said....there are 9 bikes at the BOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slowz1k View Post
    We have mountain bikes... Been looking into getting them outfitted with airless tires.

Sold my old XR200... Still kicking myself for that!

yup...hard to kill them....I just got a new carb for it that was cheaper than the rebuild kit....go figure.

Thinks it might be German

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post

yup...hard to kill them....I just got a new carb for it that was cheaper than the rebuild kit....go figure.
    My only gripe was the drum brakes.... Felt like they were made of wood.
    The 12 Gauge... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

My only gripe was the drum brakes.... Felt like they were made of wood.
    LOL....that is about the best description for them I have ever heard.

The newer Suzuki has twin piston disc brakes.....when I took it for a run.....I about tossed myself over the handlebars...

The XR200R re-assembly.....by a buddy of mine....

The fenders and sides....painted OD green....

- - - Updated - - -

This is the one I just picked up....Suzuki 350S DR.....

Great.....now I'll have to get a couple of those to try.....you suck.