Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oak Ridge uranium plant shut after protesters breach 4 fences, reach building

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Oak Ridge uranium plant shut after protesters breach 4 fences, reach building

The U.S. government's only facility for handling, processing and storing weapons-grade uranium has been temporarily shut after anti-nuclear activists, including an 82-year-old nun, breached security fences, government officials said on Thursday.

WSI Oak Ridge, the contractor responsible for protecting the facility at Oak Ridge, Tenn., is owned by the international security firm G4S, which was at the center of a dispute over security at the London Olympic Games.

Officials said the facility was shut down on Wednesday at least until next week after three activists cut through perimeter fences to reach the outer wall of a building where highly enriched uranium, a key nuclear bomb component, is stored.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...-building?lite
    This affecting any of our Tn ants?
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

I'll most likely shit myself

It hasn't affrcted me. But you sshould there stink being raised around here. I don't know all the details yet, but they cut thru 2 or 3 fences and hiked a good distance thru the woods and avoided the sensor network. They were also able to slip around several cameras.
    My bet is somebody inside the plant gave them intell for them to get where they did undetected for some period of time. I would bet there will be a few heads roll over this. I'll post more up as i get details.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

There's more to this than meets the eye.

I wish I could say more at this point, but ......................

BP knows the drill. hush hush............
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

False Flag?
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I will say this:

It's very curious that this happens as layoffs loom for the security forces there.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

CC Gray Panther
    B.P.
    You keep your head on a swivel my friend and that's an ORDER!!! You're much too valuable to lose to something like this if it has bad intentions.

Izzy cover his 6 if possible. Hate to lose a man like B.P. if somebody is acting stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    B.P.
    You keep your head on a swivel my friend and that's an ORDER!!! You're much too valuable to lose to something like this if it has bad intentions.

Izzy cover his 6 if possible. Hate to lose a man like B.P. if somebody is acting stupid.
    No worries. I have a lot of friends in high places over there..........

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    No worries. I have a lot of friends in high places over there..........
    Wish I had that luxury... I figured you or BP would know more...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

I'll most likely shit myself

The trespassers had their charge's raised from misdemeiner to a felony. Main thing that meant right now was they wouldn't get bail. Which by the way, the folks said they did not want to stay in jail. I really don't think I would either.

They were in there long enough to hang some banner, paint graffitte, and throw human blood on the walls. I wonder where that came from? Right now there aren't a lot of rumors swirling about it, but that will change before long I expect.

Here are links to the local news media stories. These are in chronological order.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story...storyid=228471

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story...storyid=228776

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story...storyid=228776

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story...storyid=228920

BTW, I try to always keep my eyes open. Something bad happens there though, I'll be fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post

BTW, I try to always keep my eyes open. Something bad happens there though, I'll be fallout.

just head over to the K-25 site.......I'll arrange safe passage....LOL