Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoes...what kind do you wear....foot care

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I think I got 4 pairs of "working" shoes, or the ones I use most regularly.
    I got a pair of sandals, and a pair of some kind of tennis-type shoes. I got a pair of Belleville desert combat boots I use when it's hot out. I got a pair of Rocky Goer Tex waterproof hunting style boots, 1200 gram insulated, for when it's cold out.
    I have a backup pair to the Rockys, as they were kind of hard to find, and we got them cheap. I ran across the Bellevilles cheap also, being closed out for next years models.

I still have some cowboy boots around, but had to quit wearing them a few years back, back won't take it anymore.

Mostly, my wife picks my shoes. I just tell her basically what I'm after, and she handles the rest.
    She works management in a retail shoe chain. I have good shoes, at a good price.

I know, it's cheating.

I'll most likely shit myself

I mostly wear New Balance shoes and have started trending toward the higher numbered models because the support in them seem so much better. Similar to Kodiak, I wear a 14EE and can't locate shoes just anywhere. I always save my old shoes, they go from daily wear to just fartin around the house, to mowing the yard, to muddin in the garden, to running the tiler and filling them up. I probably have 10-12 pair laying around at various stages, plus 2-3 fairly new pair. When I find a pair I like I usually get 2-3.
    For boots, I keep a pair of hiking boots in each of my vehicles. I also have 3 pair of work boots that I use for cuttin trees and such. I also got a nice pair of Danner Ft. Lewis boot's that I need to get broke in. I love those boots, just haven't taken the time to break them in.
    Socks on the other hand, I never seem to have enough of. I have found some Under Armour blend socks that wick moisture that I wear days to work. My feet have gotten in better shape since I went to those. Just need a lot more of them. I have several pair of hiking socks, but need to bump those way up as well. I really like the Wigwam and Thor-Lo brands. They have shown to hold up for a long time under heavy use.
    I have some sandals, but don't wear them much. Aqua Socks are something I like pretty well to, nice to strap on the backpack and slip on when getting into camp.