Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scenes from the new Red Dawn (Not recognized by the Stig)

I have still yet to grow a brain
    It is a possibility.

Think about this a moment. China dreads North Korea in the sense that they are just more mouths to feed. What if China supplies the transportation to North Korea to America. And what they control will provide food.

The North Koreans actually defect to China since it is 'better' there. China would be able to stop this since they have issues feeding their own.

Yes it is unlikely but its a movie.

Bacon saver

I guess I'm looking at it in a completely different way. I seem to seeing allot of Survival, off-grid, zombie killing, U S invading, movies and series on TV and the box office lately. Terra X, Fallen Skies, Walking Dead, Revelation, think we are getting prepped by our own government? Obama's turning us into a third world country getting us vulnerable for invasion. All these neat little flicks do is get the thinkers primed and the sheep saying "great movie" and going home to their humble abode. Just seems funny this all happening over the last 2 years. When does Jupiter align with Mars again? But uh, yeah, I'd go see the movie, still loved the first one. They don't know how to make movies anymore so they gotta remake old ones. But some movies you just don't mess with.....i could make a list but I won't.

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Ehh, I'll go see it, or rent it. I think it would be hard to beat the first one, although it certainly had its cheesy elements as well. I was hoping the next installment in the "Tommorow When The War Began" franchise would be coming out. The first one was a good setup for lots more.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

I'll see it most likely... NK is a bit far fetched invasion wise, but i digress... China threw a fit when they discovered they were going to be the original aggressors so they had to change it...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I'd go see it. It's a movie, made for entertainment purposes.

I agree with BRR, for a long time Hollywood has put out things which later became events, or similar.

'Cept for zombies, at least.

I'll most likely shit myself

Loved the first one, I'll catch this one when it comes out in DVR. It's probably not realistic, but just substitute the country of your choice for the NK's. With so many of our troops out of the country at any given time. It does make me wonder how well we could react to something like this. Like BRR, movies have a way of showing you stuff in advance of it happening. I keep my eye out for shit like that, cause you just never know.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Loved the first one, I'll catch this one when it comes out in DVR. It's probably not realistic, but just substitute the country of your choice for the NK's. With so many of our troops out of the country at any given time. It does make me wonder how well we could react to something like this. Like BRR, movies have a way of showing you stuff in advance of it happening. I keep my eye out for shit like that, cause you just never know.
    Dude, you said "shit"! I'm just saying it's peculiar is all, maybe just me, but 2 years ago I was busting my ass trying to all of the episodes of Jericho and I was pissed! I still haven't seen how it ends. I was really enjoying that one, allot of uh, similarities..........Blackhawk, Private Mercs.......Black water. etc. How about how the country was split up?

OK, Hokiest scene for Red dawn
    When Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheene see their dad (Harry Dean Stanton) held in the "detention camp" and he yells "avenge me boys, avenge me!" and they're crying on the fence. Worst crying acting ever.

Be safe...............the night is your friend.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Ehh, I'll go see it, or rent it. I think it would be hard to beat the first one, although it certainly had its cheesy elements as well. I was hoping the next installment in the "Tommorow When The War Began" franchise would be coming out. The first one was a good setup for lots more.
    Not familiar with this, could you elaborate, please?

Be safe..............the night is your friend.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

"Tomorrow When The War Began" , takes place in Australia. Bunch of friends go camping in the outback, you can pretty much start substituting 'Red Dawn" after that as the plot. Not a bad flick.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Bacon saver

Guess I'll have to look it up and check it out, thanks for the recommendation. Could always use a motivator, or something for my wife to critique!

Be safe.............the night is your friend.