Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scenes from the new Red Dawn (Not recognized by the Stig)

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Scenes from the new Red Dawn (Not recognized by the Stig)

The Stig rejects this movie soundly.............

I on the other hand.........

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

North Korea, seriously now, I too have to reject this movie.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

While I would have preferred to see China in this movie, it is an update to an oldie. As such, I think making Korea the aggressor falls in line with current events..............
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Have to disagree with you Izzy. How the hell would they get here? China would make much more sense , since they have a blue water navy, and own enough of our debt to make such a gambit plausable.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

I'll go see it...
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stg1swret View Post
    Have to disagree with you Izzy. How the hell would they get here? China would make much more sense , since they have a blue water navy, and own enough of our debt to make such a gambit plausable.
    It's a movie. I don't care how they get there, as long as we kick the shit out of them once they are here.

I agree that China would make more sense, from a logistical standpoint anyway, but let's not take N. Korea off the table as a threat. Bottom line is, they are one......a big one.........
    N Korea is a country that devotes the majority of their income into military tech while they let their people starve. Who knows what kind of toys and tech they have that we dont know about. Oh.....and they hate us big time.......and they are always taking an aggressive posture.....like a pitbull with that little pink thing hanging out. At least China plays it cool every so often.

Just going out on a limb here...........If they WERE able to somehow invade TODAY..........right this second...............how effective of an organized defense do you think we could mount? Not much of one, as most of our combat assets are forward stationed or deployed right now.

In all reality, however, it's just a movie. I'm gonna see it. Reality be damned!

Claptrap's Problem Solver

There are many things I admire about Brother Izzy.

His support of this movie is not one of them.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

If it could inspire folks in the same way the original did for our generation.....so be it.

Battle on domestic soil is a scary proposition....don't really think they'll be foreign though....

Note the tag line....
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

I like any movie with gunplay...........even cheesy ones.

Remember everyone, this was originally supposed to feature China as the aggressors............

However at the time the flick was scheduled to release, we weren't on very good terms....SO, the movie was put on hold and the bad guys were changed to N. Korea............nobody likes N. Korea except North Korea

Where's the epi?

I loved that movie!!!! Oh and if we got invaded I think the only state that could mobilize and kick some serious butt enough to take care of themselves would be Texas. Think about it...Active Military bases, Reserves, and Border Patrol, Texas National Guard, the Texas Air National Guard. Everybody has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, they can raise an Army in 24 hours if they need one. If the situation really gets bad, they can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over the Texas Rangers.
    I apologize for nothing...