Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hope my vacuum sealer is ready for a work out!

Don't act like you aren't comfortable with him.

I hope my vacuum sealer is ready for a work out!

There are a few produce stands in my area that have started selling their goodies at awesome prices! I got a dozen ears of corn, 2 lbs. of green beans, a musk melon, a watermelon, and a few other little fruits and veggies... When I get home I plan on shuckin' some corn and breakin' some beans to vacuum seal and freeze. If I get a chance I'm going to go get a few more dozen ears of corn and a few more lbs. of beans to freeze, an probably some peppers and what-not! nothing like having fresh corn and beans year round!
    Last edited by TOOTHPICK; 08-04-2012 at 11:15 PM.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

A laugh a minute
    Sounds good, Freezing is good and easy to do. But for long storage you might be better off canning them, just saying.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Don't act like you aren't comfortable with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    Sounds good, Freezing is good and easy to do. But for long storage you might be better off canning them, just saying.
    That's the girls job! I can't can... actually neither can she... but, her mother can can... I think I said can too much there! I might have to hit the in-law up to do a little canning for us, and obviously teach me how!
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

I'll most likely shit myself

Toothpick, I was never a canner myself growing up. My mom always did that. After me and the wife got together she did a lot of the canning. After my DW's car wreck, I started helping her with it. It is not that hard, main thing I do is to follow the instructions from the Ball Blue Book.

Where's the epi?

Once you get started canning you can't stop man!!! It's like this addiction...it's worse than coffee, cigs, FOX News...you name it. :0 :]
    I apologize for nothing...

I have still yet to grow a brain
    I am a proud canner assistant. HEY! DONT LAUGH! it is a tedious job. But it is well worth it.

Be happy canning.

I'll most likely shit myself

I didn't get the title but hold the same position. And yes it is worth every minute of it.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I didn't get the title but hold the same position. And yes it is worth every minute of it.

Hey B.P. ; We'll give you the title of Canning Associate. How does that work for you buddy?

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    Hey B.P. ; We'll give you the title of Canning Associate. How does that work for you buddy?
    Kinda makes it sound like he works at Wal-mart..........
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Kinda makes it sound like he works at Wal-mart..........

How about Canning Tech. Helper.?