Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu hits to close to home...

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Swine Flu hits to close to home...

Turns out that the swine flu has popped up at the local fair grounds in several pigs and has infected at least 29 people so far. The CDC is in town and said its not very contagious from person to person which is a relief. A friend at work along with his son happened to be showing an infected pig and both ended up getting sick which had me scared because my mother took my two young sons to the same barn that they were in. Luckily my 3 yr old was scared of the pigs so they didnt stay long and did not get sick. Its incidents like this that really make a person wake up and realize that bad things can happen to anyone at any time.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

I'll most likely shit myself

Wow I hadn't heard about any of that. Pretty wired it just popping up like that.

Scary!

Where's the epi?

Can you be vaccinated for it at any doc office? Is it a shot that has to be done every year? I know whooping cough is making a comeback and it is being recommended that everyone get a booster. I haven't done it yet but plan on it.
    I apologize for nothing...

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Im not sure about a vaccination, ive not heard of one. Now the wife is sick with flu like symtpoms, hopefully its not related to the piggys.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

I wish your family the best.

We're praying for you all Kodiak. Hopefully she gets to feeling better soon.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

scary. Hope she starts feeling better soon.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Thanks everyone for your support, turns out the wife just had a bad sinus infection and the kids never got sick from the pigs. Its still a scary situation when you havnt been subjected to something like this before.

Now to put this ordeal behind us, we're having BLT's tonight for dinner

Glad to hear all is well in Kodiak land. Pay them pigs back for the stress.