Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: powder milk and powder jello pudding

Grand Poobah of the Smart Car Appreciation Society

powder milk and powder jello pudding

Ok help me out here i made a batch of Jello pudding with powder milk and i notice it was not as good as it would have been with regular milk

i stirred it like i was told to and it come out ok but it took longer to set up in the fridge than the one with normal milk .i let the powder milk get cold overnight and used the milk as it was need in the mixing directions as on the box .

So anyhelp here on the way it turned out the way it did

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Not as good as in flavor....or not as good as setting up as thick as it should be?
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

A laugh a minute
    I use powder milk all the time but the trick is not to go by the directions. Mix your milk with more powder than it calls for. Or for somethink like pudding add 1 part powder cream. Hope that helps
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Generally to make the milk taste better.....I add a spoonful of vanilla pudding mix to it to give it the right viscosity.

Taz is correct...I generally bump up the powder by 5 to 10 percent when using for cooking.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Grand Poobah of the Smart Car Appreciation Society
    thanks for the info about using a little more powder in the mix next time .The basic problem was it was not setting up in the socalled 5.min time frame and it took about 40 mins for it to complete set and firm up in the bowels i was using

Set up time usually take a bit longer in my experience.....I've not noticed a determinable difference in flavor.

We use powdered milk quite often for cooking, on cereal, and chocolate milk.....but still use fresh milk for drinking plain.

Queen of the Doom Room
    I really like the idea of adding some vanilla pudding mix to the milk. I bet that is awesome over cereal!

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    This is good to know. Thanks all for this thread.
    We used some powdered milk recently when we needed some milk, and were going to be broke for several more days.
    It was less than stellar, but we had followed the directions.

My kids wont drink it w/o the vanilla pudding mixed in.....1 heaping spoonful to a half gallon.

Walking on Sunshine

You can also add a teaspoon of vanilla flavoring to the milk or Provident has vanilla powder as well as artificial vanilla powder for sale in a small can, about the size of a can of veggies. I think I read on their website a client added the vanilla powder to the powdered milk and it was pretty good.
    At least they said their kids drank it and thought it was "regular" milk. They also said get the milk good and cold.