Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starting building plans for house on BOL

In his experience the hammer head is better

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will be writing them down and creating a want/need type list, or a list of specs.

Did you make the tire spike system?
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Yes....for road restriction around BOL.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

In his experience the hammer head is better

Excellent I have done some reading in army manuals and have seen some pretty awesome ideas for mobility restriction around the bol. I will have to look them up and post them.
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Consider a safe room in the house as well... Not really sure on a way to do it though...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Do you have a robot?
    I am currently planing on starting my cabin this month. This weekend one of the guys that I hunt with showed me some metalized insulation that is real thin. It has an R-15 value and is designed to be a house wrap and vapor barrier. It is thin and I plan on using it on my cabin. Take a look I hope it helps.

http://www.insulation4less.com/Insul...l-48-Inch.aspx

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    Good....lockable gates.....with barricades to prevent "drive around".....

Plain....simple....to the point....literary...
    I like these... a LOT!!!

Now I need to start collecting old pcs of chain. Gotta love a string of Caltrops!

a 50' length would be formidable launched from a trebuchet as well
    or 10 - 5' lengths...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

hypothetically......If you needed to stop some one.....don't anchor it.......a logging chain wrapped around axles and drive shafts would be interesting.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

When my husband and I were buying flooring from a local materials place, we saw a display for "Old Kentucky Logs", it was the first time I had ever heard of the idea, and it was fairly new then. Basically, a guy took apart an old cabin and made forms for the logs, exactly as they were, and started this company that makes CEMENT Log Cabins! The cost is about the same as a brick home. When my husband (Fire fighter) saw how well it was rated for fires, etc, he was sold. Whenever we finally get around to building (its in the 10 yr plan, not anytime soon), this is what we want! Even up close, up until you actually touch the "log", you would think its actual wood! I was extremely impressed!

http://www.oldkentuckylogs.com/aboutus.php

Where's the epi?

I wish I could talk my dh into a straw bale house but he won't go for it. I love them.
    I apologize for nothing...

When we were kids.....we built a hay bail house complete with roof.

We camped in it a few times in the winter.....it was the warmest little shelter ever.

4 bails high...5 with the roof...and bail beds for 3 kids.

Only down side is fire was 50+ feet from shelter.....for safety reasons.

Been years since I thought of that.....