Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Small amount of cash put away.

cans/fluid are bulky, subject to leakage. Put the powdered milk inside metal cans, and it will last a long, long time. The problem is, don't use much of it until shtf, cause I read it causes real problems with fat next to your heart. .22 lr ammo, bought in bulk at Wally's, 550 rds at a time, is a great stash of value. Just don't buy the Remingtons! Get the federal instead,.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Faster, can you explain why the Remingtons are better than the Federals? Im seeing alot of opinion, but not alot of facts to support it and would like to know why.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Faster, can you explain why the Remingtons are better than the Federals? Im seeing alot of opinion, but not alot of facts to support it and would like to know why.
    While I appreciate the question and push for accuracy/honesty, the topic here is putting a small amount of cash aside for emergencies, not ammo.

If you'd like to create a different thread in weapons, and can tie it into prepping (instead of being a pissing match of ammo mfgrs) by all means.....
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

For the Love of Cats

I always have some cash at home, as well as some on me. If I get stuck away from home, I want enough cash to get home!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I try to have some cash put away, but all too often it ends up being Lunchbox's lunch money.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Where's the epi?

We throw coins and extra bills into a container which usually pays for our vacation every year. One of the banks we use has a good deal on checking accounts...it pays 1.55 percent interest now. When we opened it a couple of years ago it was paying 4% but it has slowly gone down. But heck, still better than most. We probably should have more on hand though...which we did at one time but then we took a vacation to Puerto Rico and spent it all...guess we have to really start over.

I use to keep around $3k in my safe.After i got sick and now disabled its long gone and i barely make it check to check now.I save but when it gets around $500 something always comes up and i start over! I need to find a way like a hobby to make some quick $$$ Any ideas?

I keep all my change in small plastic gum containers, one at work full, one in the truck, and a large flower type vase in the house for when the small containers overflow. I never feel that I have enough cash but I usually ask for small bills when I go to the bank.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    While I appreciate the question and push for accuracy/honesty, the topic here is putting a small amount of cash aside for emergencies, not ammo.

If you'd like to create a different thread in weapons, and can tie it into prepping (instead of being a pissing match of ammo mfgrs) by all means.....
    My bad. . . lost all focus there for a second!

OP, I keep a 5 gallon water jug that I fill everyday with my spare change, end of the year, I usually buy the kids XMAS gifts with it, and any left over goes to the next years goal of filling it up. You would be surprised how much you can accumulate over the space of a year. But other than that, I have a few hundred in the safe kept for emergencies.

Do you have a robot?
    I used to put all my spare change in jar and then when it was full we would put them in rolls. Over the past year I have been useing a debt card and I find the jars don't fill up any more. I still have cash on hand but just don't use it as much. I always keep a couple of months expenses on hand just for emergencies.