Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Small amount of cash put away.

Grand Poobah of the Smart Car Appreciation Society
    I do keep a money in a round tin coffee can in the following amount's of $100.oo dollar amount's in 1's & 5's & 10's & 20's & 50's & 100's bills & diff rolls of quaters and 1.oo dollar coins to use as it need .
    Last edited by hank2222; 10-25-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Having greenbacks put away is a good idea...but I worry that the dollar could be devalued and become worthless. So saving other things of value won't hurt.

Walking on Sunshine

What I would like to know is how much cash should I keep on hand? I see 200,300, 1000? I know it should be in small bills and coins. right now I have about 500 in bills and coin put away. Where should I hide it , so far I think it's hidden fairly well.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Do you have a lamp that has a hollow riser? Have you seen the wall safe that goes in the wall and the cover is an electrical receptacle? These would work.

This site has some stuff:

http://www.misdefenseproducts.com/Hi...p-1-c-272.html
    Last edited by piranha2; 02-13-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Where's the epi?

We keep a certain amount in 100's and then we have a really big pretzel jug that we throw all of our change and smaller bills left over in our wallets whenever we think about it and once a year we take that money (jug money only) and put it all together and use it for our vacation. But I think since we bought the property we won't go out to Reno this year so that money will get thrown to stuff for the improvements.
    I apologize for nothing...

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I cant keep money on hand to save my life. Something always omes up
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Where's the epi?

Yeah but you have little ones...no one with kids can EVER save money! Mine is grown up and almost ready to graduate college...last semester YAHOO!!! No more tuition!!! Now I'll really be able to put some money back!
    I apologize for nothing...

For the Love of Cats

Get them to keep the money around Izzy. buy them each a secure type of piggy bank, and whenever you have some spare change, drop it in there for them. Plus any extra 'chores' that they might do, or their allowance, has a place to go. If SHTF, I'm sure they wouldn't mind donating to help the family, and if SdoesntHTF, they're learning to save, and have some of their own money if they wan't to buy something.

For the Love of Cats

I try to keep enough cash on hand to cover whatever circumstance might warrant emergency cash.

If my septic craps out (pun intended) and I need to call someone in at 0200 on a Sunday of a long weekend. I pay by cash.
    Or my furnace, or fridge...

If my wife hits the ditch, and someone pulls her out, she has some cash to give them.

So yeah, I keep a fair amount, mostly in smaller bills. I also have my change collection At the end of each week, I toss my pocket change into a bucket. when the bucket is full, I'll go through it and sort it, seperate anything worthwhile, and pack the rest away. I've been saving for 5 years now, and am well over 1/2 way to buying a .50 BMG.

I cannot justify the expence any other way, but if it comes by nickels and dimes... I'm a happy guy!

I'll most likely shit myself

We keep a few hundred around in various bills for emergencies, espically when traveling. We also save all out change and either put i on vacation or on a bill we need to knock out.