Page 107 of 389 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Well Stormfeather and I hit up an auction today and i scored some silver coins and 10 boxes of 12 gauge slugs. picked up 3 new survival knives and a compound bow. I also picked up a 12 gauge shot gun and a .22 rifle. added 20 pounds of rice and 6 pounds of beans to my storeage food. My 12 year old daughter also completed her huners safety course a couple weeks ago. All in all a pretty eventful month for me.

Administrator

Adding to the BoB fresh Mre's and box 80 rounds of .223 ammo

Walking on Sunshine

DH hung the shelves in basement for my " food storage", his words and cleared out the closet under the stairs for more storage. I think he may be coming around!!

Where's the epi?

Went shopping at costco and bought about $700+ worth of supplies, and canned chili. Also bought more canning lids at wally world. Will set a day to do a bunch of meat canning next, then sucky all the sugar (100 lbs) and pack up the 50lbs of bread flour. got on a homemade bread kick.
    I apologize for nothing...

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Filled up (16) 2 liter empty Coke and Dew bottles. Shelved em and will refill em in 6 months along with more bottles that I am drinking. Oh and yes I have an addiction to pop... drink it now cause SHTF moment means no more. (Not wasting the 6month old water will clean hands/fill pond/flush with it)

A laugh a minute
    Took the day off and went to a flea market, bought food and tapped deeper into spring. Watched the lightening bugs show that they put on while listening to our porch band a pickin. It don't get any better than this.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    So Jericho and I went to a gun store auction. Apparently this place was going out of business. Since it was the place he scored that brand new Colt sporter for $500. . . I went to make sure I didnt miss out on anything!

Picked up 20 boxes of Remington 12 ga slugs for $2.00 a box.
    4 Compound bows for $10.00 each, all in excellent condition
    1 Oil lamp, $2.00
    5 Cast Iron skillets, slight rusty, but cleaned up great! $5.00 ($1.00 each)
    5 pre-64 Silver dollars at $13.00 each
    10 silver dimes (forgot how much, but was cheap)
    assorted 1950's canadian silver coins (exremely cheap)

Passed on the rifles and shotguns they was selling, but they sold most of them for around $50 a pop.

All in all, was a great time! Now have to concentrate on restocking the freezer with meats because apparently Ive canned it all and have ran out!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

^ good score(s)!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Very good score. I wish i could find a going out of business down here that had half of that stuff at anyjwhere near those prices.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    The silver started selling at a really high price til I went out to the concession stand and was making "idle small talk" so people could overhear me about how people were extremely overpaying on the silver, since spot price was down to $27.00 Even the auctioneer commented as bidding slowed down wondering if the silver price dropped during the break! I saw silver dollars started selling at $45-$50 bucks a pop, and knew there was some uneducated folks buying it up! turned out a few folks checked it out on their phones and saw I was right and the word spread. Wasnt trying to be a ass or anything, just trying to work the market in my favor.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.