Page 116 of 389 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

Awesome work everyone!

Aside from putting 50# of Salmon in my freezer, I bought a Presto 23 quart pressure canner, and an outdoor propane burner
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    He's 2 1/2. Would it have freaked y'all out if I said he was 17? Lol
    My 7 year old still sneaks into bed with us and I am at my wit's end. She is getting too big to carry back to her room. Her feet drag on the ground when I have to carry her up the stairs. Between her, the hubs, the dog, and now the new kitten, there usually isn't enough room for me. I want my own bedroom!

Premium Member
    Thanks to Stormfeather, we just ordered a few buckets of freeze dry meals and veggies from Costco. Also, just got my NATO fuel cans in from CTD.

GunnerMax
    I am SLOWLY but surely stocking our buttpacks and BOBs. I got 2 small bottles of gold bond powder. Funds are low due to my post deployment 2k a month paycut. Going out Saturday to sell my extra tactical gear to local shops. Going out next week for 10 days of constant gunshoots, NVG gunshoots, and fun. I just learned that I can modify my M4 how I want, so I'm gonna put my Aimpoint to some use. So, I know its not the same platform as my AK, but it is training on a high end optic.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Picked up a Maxpedition hook and loop holster for my versipack to go in the zippered gun compartment, I've had a full holster in there for ages that had hook and loop on it, it was so bulky it cut down about 1/2 inch of cargo space from the main compartment, so I'm glad that's gone, it also drops a few extra ounces from the pack itself, so double bonus. I'm ordering an ATS War Belt for my 1st line gear tonight, it's time to upgrade from a pistol belt now that it does rifle mag duty, just not enough belt for 4 pistol mags, thigh mounted drop leg, and ak/ar mags with IFAK, and dump pouch. The pistol belt is gonna be the inner belt for the ATS. I wish they made it in OD, oh well. I've decided that my essential survival tools are too spread out in the BOB, so I want to find a reasonably priced but decent quality E&E type bag to go inside the BOB for essentials like fire, water, shelter prep, signaling, light, etc. that can be carried as a standalone bag. My Versipack is my EDC, and duplicates lots of the items, but I don't want to rely on that pack being with me when carrying the BOB. My GHB, while it is a grab and go, Everyday, everywhere vehicle carried item is 50-50 focused on a 12-24+\- hour walk home, or an active shooter type situation should I get trapped in the crossfire in public, there's ammo in the BOB, and magazines for a rifle, but I want to have a survival kit style organizer, carry bag for actual tasks and not shooting. I thought of just getting a large admin pouch, but I think a bag would work better. The Maxpedition Active Shooter bag, and the Condor E&E are both in the realm of what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by ak474u; 08-16-2012 at 10:01 PM.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Going up to Honeyville tomorrow
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

A laugh a minute
    DH put up 80 lbs of rice, got propane and found some pawpaw trees on our property, picked the last of the cucumbers and now working on the corn and watermelons.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

I'll most likely shit myself

I hope you have better luck out of your Papaws than we have. I've planted 4 and only 2 have made it.

I picked 18 cantaloupe tonight and will have 6 more by Sunday evening. Water melon are about ready to start on. Winter squash are really close as well.

For the Love of Cats

what are you doing with all the canteloupe?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

GunnerMax
    I started my food preps. I stowed away a gallon of water. Slow and steady, with minimul fuss from the wife.