Page 118 of 389 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I'll most likely shit myself

We just finished a round of them. I just used lemon juice on them before loading the dehydrator. They turned out OK, but don't have near the flavor of the store bought ones. I know I'm missing something. They are still tasty though.

Premium Member
    Went to Gander Mtn today to spend my rewards dollars on some new waders for my fishing arsenal. So when TSHTF and there's no gas for the boat, or my fishing Kayak is not practical to use, then I can just walk out to where the trout and reds are.

They were also having a "buy one-get the second half off" sale on some of clothing which included their Guide Series trailhead convertible pants. After recently reading that many of you had these type pants in your BOB or GHB, I decided that Mrs. Willie and I needed some too. Oh, and we picked up two more rain suits in a bag on sale for $9.95 each. Very small bags that will pack easily in BOB/GHB but, still have ponchos too.

Thanks again folks....still gettin my money's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    We just finished a round of them. I just used lemon juice on them before loading the dehydrator. They turned out OK, but don't have near the flavor of the store bought ones. I know I'm missing something. They are still tasty though.
    Maybe they are adding MSG?

- - - Updated - - -

I knew I forgot something. I ordered a case of canned butter. It has finally shipped. I have also been working on my bartering skills by putting some things on craigslist. I was not used to telling people no and holding my ground, but I am now! I really think the experience has been invaluable, especially considering that I was getting rid of stuff that was just cluttering up my basement.

Thinks it might be German

Went down to Pawleys Island SC for an extended weekend. It was one of those quick trips to the beach before school starts for my Daughter. Our chosen route took us through Fayetteville, NC, (Fort Bragg area) otherwise known as Fayettenam. We stopped at a few flea markets in that area. I found a pretty good deal on used VGC 30 round mags with the brown followers ($5.00 each) Got a "few" of them.
    On a side note:
    When I'm in a store, any store, I look for any items that could be used during or after an event. i.e. tools, food, weapons, shelter, etc....
    I found that Wings/Waves/Pacific or any of the cheesey beachwear shops that are on every corner at every beach in SC, offer NOTHING that could be used in a post event situation. I know.... I know... They have a few lighters, and some cheap folding knives and maybe a throwing star or two behind the glass counter, but that's about it. I guess if I was freezing I could fashion a sleep system out of a few "Surrender The Booty" beach towels, but the cheesey beach shop won't make my top ten list of places to look to for supplies, that's for sure.
    (Can you eat a hermit crab?)
    The 12 Gauge... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

For the Love of Cats

^ good to know, but don't write them off completely. I worked in one of those surf shops in Daytona Beach, and while the public part of the shop was exactly as you specified, the back room was set up like a suite. kitchenette, bathroom, bed, etc.

Jus' sayin'
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by slowz1k View Post
    I found that Wings/Waves/Pacific or any of the cheesey beachwear shops that are on every corner at every beach in SC, offer NOTHING that could be used in a post event situation. I know.... I know... They have a few lighters, and some cheap folding knives and maybe a throwing star or two behind the glass counter, but that's about it. I guess if I was freezing I could fashion a sleep system out of a few "Surrender The Booty" beach towels, but the cheesey beach shop won't make my top ten list of places to look to for supplies, that's for sure.
    (Can you eat a hermit crab?)
    Aw come on Slowz. You know the Big Johnson shirts would be a must have if SHTF.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Aw come on Slowz. You know the Big Johnson shirts would be a must have if SHTF.
    Don't forget the thongs! You never know when you might need to hitch hike. Lol
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Don't forget the thongs! You never know when you might need to hitch hike. Lol

Slingshot??
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Izzy, be sure you get one of the double barrel models!

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Just finished butchering a lamb and putting it in the freezer.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com