Page 11 of 389 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

added 4 cheap LED headlamps and 3 cheap LED flashlights to the preps this week, couldn't resist, they were 4 headlamps for 4.95 and 3 lights for 7.95 at Home Depot, all came with batteries, and it keeps me from using my lightstick to check on the baby at night, as well as giving me a light that isn't 240Lumens to do little stuff with. My son is 18mos. and always wants dad's flashlight, so now he has a headlamp and a flashlight to play with too. I use my lightstick at work every day and carry a streamlight as a spare on my toolbelt, so I go thru lots of CR123's as it is, so a few extra throwaways are nice to have.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

bought 3 canisters of fuel for my Coleman MAX stove.
    Picked up a Beretta 22 NEOS from Gander MTN for an absolute steal. Then put a red dot on it. (out of all my arms, I didn't have a .22 target pistol. I couldn't believe it.)
    Grabbed 1 50lb sack of rice from Sams.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'll most likely shit myself

Went to the gun show today and picked up some .223 PMC, 62 gr, .308 PMC, 147gr, 6 Magpul mags for the AR, 2 isreali trauma bandages. I also got some silver coins for $70. At today's silver prices, they are worth at least $125. I was very happy.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I absolutely stole an OTIS/GERBER military tool and cleaning kit from someone at work. Retail is about $350. Managed to get it for 50 bucks.
    Otis/Gerber Military Tool Kit AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO/223 Remington - MidwayUSA
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Almost got my camper ready for the trip next week. Picked up a few things from Wallys today. Got 20 rounds of 12 ga. #1 buck and 20 rounds of 00. Got a bunch of cheap fishing stuff, small bobbers, split shot, hooks etc. In one week, I will be coming at you from the BOL. I am excited.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Picked up 200 rounds of .223 from Dicks sporting goods, they had it on sale for almost half off. Also got a box of .45 and 2 boxes of 9mm, adding to the stock pile
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

I'll most likely shit myself

I found a 5000w/6250w surge generator on Craigslist yesterday. Checked it out today, used but functions perfectly. 120/240v with circuit breakers on all 4 plugs and a wheel kit.
    I picked it up for $225. It also came with a 25' 10/2 w ground with a box that connects directly to our camper.
    Down side is that it is very LOUD! I am very open to ideas on how to quite it down even a little. Upside, it's gonna help me get the chicken coop put together quicker, we'll have a genset for the camper should we need to boondock sometime. And if needed we have power for our freezers and fridge for a period.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

BP, you won't be able to hear it from my house.....lol-jk. My cousins boy built a box for his out of insulated doors of something else insulated. He put a house vent on the side where the exhaust is just for heat and fumes to exit. You could hear the difference.

I picked up a Mossberg 817, 17 hmr.I got it for a great price, I almost felt bad (I said almost...lol) its clean, less than a box put through it. I'll check it out and see what the girls think. Picked up some dries (dry goods) also, a couple fuel canisters and of course I'm gonna take half the ammo Kodiak bought so ammo too....haha.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Went to Honeyville Farms and got some more freeze dried LTS as well as mylar bags, an AC adapter for my Kaito solar/crank radio, spigots for my 5 gallon water storage containers and some spare lids for those spigots.(Water storage is very critical prep here in Inland Empire of PRK; the Elsinore fault runs about 4 miles east of my home). Also ordered a hand agitator yesterday from Lehmans for my emergency clothes washer. going to make laundry soap this weekend.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Thanks to Lunchbox, just put an Aimpoint compM4 on my AR.

Picked up some canned soup and some plastic shelving that my aunt was going to throw away.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton