Page 121 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

GunnerMax
    I stowed away another 3 gallons of water and a pound of salt. I am buying more canned goods than we eat, and we are getting a nice surplus

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

5-2 1/2gallon food grade buckets from a friend that works in a bakery. 5 gallon has proven too large living in an apartment, and too heavy for wife, so I think this will work better. Rotating a few things this week as well.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

A laugh a minute
    gathering useful data
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Premium Member
    Used my 25% off "Friends and Family" coupon at Sports Authority and picked up a Mr. Heater Little Buddy for camping, emergencies, etc. Then went next door to Big Lots with the DW and picked up storage supply items like: no name medical supplies, hygiene items, case of Colgate toothpaste for $5, juices, 4 blocks of Bustello coffee, basmati rice, and plastic food containers.

For the Love of Cats

Spent 1/2 a day yesterday working on the truck. got all my summer crap out, restocked my daily kits, and got my winter kit ready to go.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Got the cows back from slaughter. One for me and one for Kodiak, in the freezer and ready. Steak anyone? As always, picking up extra canned goods.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

For the Love of Cats

I'll take a baseball steak, rare!

I'll get the mushrooms going!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Saturday I spent most of the day organizing a bunch of stuff in about 1/3 of the basement, including inventorying ammo and loading some mags, and some long term foods. I have a big plastic tool box with two wheels and a handle and started loading it as a bug out container. That evening we went out and I found a 20W solar panel and charge controller. Gonna start off testing it on one of my tractor batteries as a trickle charger. I also picked up one of the 10x10 Easy Up canopies in a bag for $50. Figured that would work well as a area to do outdoor canning, chicken slaughtering, etc.

Sunday, we got up and went to a 18th century Trade Faire. We got there just in time to see a reinactment of the battle that took place there. After that was over we went thru the trading area. I ended up getting a Flint and Steel. I had a hard time not getting a couple of handmade knives and tomahawks. I did get to pick the brains of a couple of guys who do blacksmithing. I was able to gain a little knowledge and some ideas on how to set up my own forge.

Where's the epi?

We found a couple in the next town over that are preppers and met them this weekend at a cafe and talked for 4 hours. Would have talked longer but the place was closing. I'm sure we'll get together again. Invited them to the site but he works full time and they are raising their 3 y/o grand daughter so between prepping/working/childcare they seem to stay very very busy but I hope that he at least will come and visit us here.
    I apologize for nothing...

Still working on the basement. All the space I had cleared out is now refilled with junk because my husband took everything off of the shelves and put it all over the floor. I just organized the shelves, too. But the good news is that the stench in the basement was not from a rotting animal carcass. Someone left a package of soup bones on top of the minifridge when we were loading our cow into the freezers almost 2 weeks ago. I have also decided that we need our eyes checked because we both walked past it several times while looking for the cause in the past week. White fridge, white package. It blended in.

On the plus side, I found 2 Aquatainers that didn't have water in them yet, and a few things that I knew I had but didn't know where. Now I know where.

Still paying the bills off.