Page 126 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Premium Member
    ^They're making their own insect repellent.

Re: What have you done to prep this week?

Got a new job that gave me a nearly 50% pay increase. Very excited to be able to step up my preps in the near future!

^^^ Good for you!!! That's fantastic!

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Was asked today if I would be interested in 2 cases of bacon that had been broke open.....The answer was yes...

48 lbs for $50.....
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinasurvivalist View Post
    Got a new job that gave me a nearly 50% pay increase. Very excited to be able to step up my preps in the near future!
    Where's that money you owe me? Lol. Congrats, I got a seasonal job that dovetails with my regular job (even my boss works there during Christmas). So, I got a 50%ish raise too, for the next 3 months.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by carolinasurvivalist View Post
    You did notice the thread about my birthday coming up right? I can forward you a list...

lol

congrats!

I found 3 cast iron pots yesterday, a 1-1/2 qt saucepan with lid, a 2-1/2 qt sauce pan w/ lid, and a 7" deep frypan. brand new, still greased. got the set for $20.00
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post

I found 3 cast iron pots yesterday, a 1-1/2 qt saucepan with lid, a 2-1/2 qt sauce pan w/ lid, and a 7" deep frypan. brand new, still greased. got the set for $20.00
    What brand?
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

For the Love of Cats

Not sure... I'll have to check. They aren't the top of the line, but I imagine they'll be used exlusively in my firepit, so they should do just fine
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

prepguide
    Been working on cleaning up the barn, reorganizing and creating more usable space as fall is coming. Each winter I pull the various implements in one at a time and rehab them in preparation for the coming spring and use. I am thinking that this year I am going to get an earlier start on that work to make sure I can get it all done. World situation being the way it is having the ability to grow a large amount of our own food could make the difference between living and not.

I'll most likely shit myself

We hit up a produce market today. Since our tater and onion harvest was crap this year, we picked up 50lbs of taters and 15lbs on yellow onions. Also got 2 bushel of Roma tomatos, 5 lb of red bell peppers, and some Granny Smith apples. Stopped at a Amish store on our way home and got a shit load of spices.

Earlier in the week the wife hit up Walmart and got 25 lbs of bacon, and probably 15lb's of chicken. I also got the garden sub soiled this week. Working on what I'm gonna plant this fall and right in the middle of a major inventory and resort of food and gear.