Page 128 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

Still in the steel industry, yes, Manufacturing now. Worked in every aspect over the past 25 years. I was on the shop floor putting all that big stuff together when I blew out my shoulder; so now I am delegated to the office, as a planner. (I route every single component of every project through the shop from paper to finished product)
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    I have a few from China....My only reservation with using them is I have read that they at one time were using lead in the casting process.

I don't think that it would be enough to hurt you....and If I didn't have a pile of domestically manufactured stuff....I'd be using them now.

But as for now....I refurbished and seasoned....then stored...some are hanging on the wall.....one that was suspected of having a crack....is now a clock...
    Echo, How do you refurbish yours? Do you use lye and then season? I have some old Lodge to do.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Hit up the store this morning. Started refilling the pantry after this years unexpected depletion
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Just acquired a Ruger 10/22 Takedown + 6 more mags.
    Another k of 9mm
    Rotated some gas and water
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie51 View Post
    Echo, How do you refurbish yours? Do you use lye and then season? I have some old Lodge to do.
    Electrolysis....battery charger and a plastic drum...and some sacrificial metal.....takes a few days....looks like new though.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Crotch Rocket

What have you done to prep this week?

Finished filling the woodshed today, I'm thinking there's somewhere around 10 full cords of wood in there now. It had one face cord left over from last year when I started. The wood boxes in the house are full too. They take about a half cord themselves.

We have two ash trees to cut down yet for home heat that we'll do in a month or so. That'll have to get stacked outside and tarped over.

There's also a small stand of poplar we'll be taking down for the shop.

Its a good thing I like to be warm...
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

What have you done to prep this week?

I installed a wireless IP camera ti monitor our front door. It is an indoor model that now I have proven the concept I will replace it with a dedicated outdoor cam and move this one indoors as a grandbaby cam or to monitor inside when we travel. I can monitor and control from my laptop, Kindle or iPhone.

I extended the 120v line from an outdoor light to a new receptacle box under the porch roof and the plug the DC adapter into that. Plus, now I finally have a receptacle on the porch area for Christmas lights.

Premium Member
    Picked up a good deal on a 2008 6X10 closed trailer this weekend. It's in excellent condition and ready to roll, but I will service it this week just to make sure. It's main purpose is a BO trailer.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Stopped by an office sale....got a FAK, 1/2 case TP, 200+ #2 pencils, 15 reams of paper, and if it's not leased....a portable defibrillator. Should find out today.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

For the Love of Cats

Finally have the stone masons coming in today to get my fireplace rebuilt. Looks like I will be able to burn this winter after all!!

*whew*
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.