Page 130 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Or barter. It seemed like the seed swap was popular for a bit. Now that ya'll are done sowing, why not try trading what you reap?
    Haha "Lady has some extra nuts" anybody want some???? I can see the responses now!!!
    I apologize for nothing...

Hubby and I took the day "off", he was able to get off of work, and I farmed out the older kids to their father, so we went shopping. We cleaned out the canned goods at Walmart, they were selling those big 40oz cans of beef ravioli for $1 each, and then cans of german potato salad half off, and more cans of petite peas with mushrooms and pearled onions. Yeah, we got some funny looks from people, and the cashier even commented that we must really like ravioli, but hey, I saved a TON of money!

We also hit up the local flea market and got some assorted things for the kids, and also, the biggest ammo can I have ever seen. Or carried. I don't know the dimensions, but my first thought was 'hey, that's big enough to be a bench!'. Anyway, it was like $10, and hubby was thrilled.

And on the way home we stopped at a neighbors place, he has a field of pumpkins. We bought 13 pumpkins (including a massive "Cinderella" sweet for baking) for $20.

It was an awesome day!

Premium Member
    Sam's dropped their gasoline to $3.48 per gallon. So I loaded up some cans and filled them up (60 gals) and then treated with Sta-Bil. Stored them in son's garage and covered up with a canvas.

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Haha "Lady has some extra nuts" anybody want some???? I can see the responses now!!!
    lmao HHHHHHHHHHHHeeeeeeeeee HHHHHHHHHHHaaaaaaaaaaa ( laughing while rolling on the floor while the image is still in my head) Can't seem to shake it. Twin you really crack me up at times. Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.
    Last edited by Taz Baby; 10-07-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Re: What have you done to prep this week?

Picked up a neat little homemade camp trailer made from the back half of a pre-2006 Jeep Wrangler. It came complete with a Dana 35 rear end (minus the ring gear), new shocks & a fair set of 32" mud terrain tires & a canvas deck cover. This effectively doubles my hauling capacity as my BOV is an 08 Wrangler. Since I've picked it up, I've had a hundred ideas on how to improve it & it has a ton of potential... one of my favorites involves replacing the missing fuel tank, mounting it up with an electric pump & some fuel line & "bam" I got an auxiliary fuel tank. IIRC they hold close to 20 gallons. Power could be supplied a number of ways...

I have wonderful neighbors who gave me a huge box of apples. I made apple pie filling. Yesterday I made a apple pie with some of it. Yum, Yum. With this I can make different things. I was so grateful for the apples. Just can't waste anything, especially if it is free. This is a fun storage item. I got 14 quarts. I love it, it has no preservatives or other crap they put in our food. I need to buy one of those items you need to have to make applesauce.

Bluebird

prepguide
    The nearest Big Lots was having a 20% off sale today so went and picked up a variety of goods including laundry soap, dish soap, dried fruit and more. Saved over $30 which is always a good thing.

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by prepguide View Post
    The nearest Big Lots was having a 20% off sale today so went and picked up a variety of goods including laundry soap, dish soap, dried fruit and more. Saved over $30 which is always a good thing.

If you sign up on their mailing list, they will send you emails with coupons and such. We get them all the time and save. Same with Harbor Freight. It's always good to save money.

We are finishing up here and will be heading back to the BOL. Then the real work begins. We have a lot to do before winter.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Does freezing and processing 60 lbs of tuna filets count?
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Crotch Rocket

What have you done to prep this week?

I don't think so, Grumpy, not for me anyway. You'd have to send me one for it to count.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!