Page 131 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Maybe I can send you a smoked one?
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by 4suchatimeasthis View Post
    We also hit up the local flea market and got some assorted things for the kids, and also, the biggest ammo can I have ever seen. Or carried. I don't know the dimensions, but my first thought was 'hey, that's big enough to be a bench!'. Anyway, it was like $10, and hubby was thrilled.
    !
    Was it like this?

The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Or barter. It seemed like the seed swap was popular for a bit. Now that ya'll are done sowing, why not try trading what you reap?
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Haha "Lady has some extra nuts" anybody want some???? I can see the responses now!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Maybe I can send you a smoked one?
    I'm good, but maybe you could get some pecans
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I was given 4 large (1 gallon) ziploc bags of blackberries that were frozen. I was told they needed space in the freezer for something else. Of course I took them and will be passing them off to have jam made. I should get 2 jars and will give up 2 jars to the jam maker. I already gave a couple steaks to the berry givers in exchange.

As always...picked up extra can goods.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Still working on the basement! I found a video game I forgot about and put in on eBay for a 4 day auction. It went for just over $200, which went right towards paying off part of a personal loan. It was World of Warcraft Burning Crusade collector's edition, in case you were wondering. I loved the first Warcraft game, but I don't play well with others. Also might get our second scooter on a trade next week. I got a great deal on a scooter last month ($40 and some jewelry I refuse to wear)and decided we should both have one in case gas skyrockets. Both need work but I am trying to trade for it on craigslist.

Just the monthly "supply" run. I try to devote x amount of money every month to continually upgrading my "stuff".

Been loading up on ammo pretty much. Seems prices are holding at the moment. Figure I better stock more before it starts going up...

Jimmy

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

8 two pound bricks of vacuum sealed coffee.

2 replacement filters for a Katadyn hiker water system.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Crotch Rocket

What have you done to prep this week?

Cleaned out and reorganized the working half of our wood shed. Its ready to take the pile of lumber we salvaged for deck and garden projects next year.

I pulled my trapping equipment out while doing that as well. I am way, way behind in getting that cleaned up and ready. The season starts in 5 days. I'm excited because its the first year I can place footholds and go after coyote.

Helped prep ingredients to can 8 more jars of spaghetti sauce this morning. I'd rather split and stack another cord of wood than chop one more onion I think.

Oh, I "think" I managed to quit smoking... I've only had one cigarette in the past 3 days, and it tasted/ felt horrible. I'm concerned with my ability hump a ruck any distance... Since none of my BOL's are exactly close, this is a serious issue. So, its no smoking, no soda/ pop, and little to no beer. Portion control and "diet" planning are in full swing as well. Exercise will be light over this winter, mostly cardio on the elliptical, some back care yoga, and what body/ free weight/ resistance training I can do at home or work.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

good job MTR! those are key things to focus on! got my fingers crossed for ya.

When I can stop working 90 hours a week, I think I'll quit smoking again too.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Administrator

What have you done to prep this week?

Brought more cans of hearty soups to add to the food stores.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.