Page 13 of 388 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    not enough pressure can burn valves on a small enginge being run for long periods of time worse than too much which just chokes off the flow of air through the mill. All internal combustion engines are, is just air pumps, so they work best when they move the most air (within reason). Brigs engines are easy to quiet down with different mufflers but take a bit of welding to make the adaptors to make... They use basic pipe threads to mount the mufflers so all you really need to do is find a small car muffler and make a mount for it to fit on the Gennies frame, make a heat shield for it and the pipe you need to route up to the exhaust outlet of the motor and mount it up. the trick is to transition to about 1 7/8'' exhaust pipe asap out of the motor. A muffler from a SMALL 4 cyl car or even any multi cylinder motor such as a quiet cycle should take care of the rest better than an actual small engine muffler, as small engine mufflers are really just spark arrestors.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

BP, you won't be able to hear it from my house.....lol-jk. My cousins boy built a box for his out of insulated doors of something else insulated. He put a house vent on the side where the exhaust is just for heat and fumes to exit. You could hear the difference.

I picked up a Mossberg 817, 17 hmr.I got it for a great price, I almost felt bad (I said almost...lol) its clean, less than a box put through it. I'll check it out and see what the girls think. Picked up some dries (dry goods) also, a couple fuel canisters and of course I'm gonna take half the ammo Kodiak bought so ammo too....haha.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Went to Honeyville Farms and got some more freeze dried LTS as well as mylar bags, an AC adapter for my Kaito solar/crank radio, spigots for my 5 gallon water storage containers and some spare lids for those spigots.(Water storage is very critical prep here in Inland Empire of PRK; the Elsinore fault runs about 4 miles east of my home). Also ordered a hand agitator yesterday from Lehmans for my emergency clothes washer. going to make laundry soap this weekend.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Thanks to Lunchbox, just put an Aimpoint compM4 on my AR.

Picked up some canned soup and some plastic shelving that my aunt was going to throw away.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Got one of those nice portable camping toilets, 2 5 gallon plastic water jugs, 5 gallon size gas cans, and a nice Bully roof rack soft cargo carriers to go on top of our Jeep Commander. All were let over from my dad's garage sale last weekend, so he gave em to me for free. Not a bad haul for free.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Premium Member

Picked up 500 rds of 9mm for $99 last Thursday. Had a little weather issue last week, power got knocked out. Food in fridge went bad, so a genny is on the list of things to buy now. I should have bought one years ago, but what can you do?

I'll most likely shit myself

Spent the weekend getting started laying out my chicken coop. TONS of work left to do. I am taking a few pics as I go and I'll try to get them up here as times goes on.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

BP, pm sent.....I picked up some more rice and beans and a few can goods, then found chicken in cans the size of the small tunas for 10/$10.00--got 10 for now and will be picking up more soon. I kept 2 cases of mres for us and broke those down for storage in our packs.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Picked up about 50 cans of chicken as mentioned by Lunchbox in the earlier above thread.
    Ordered another 25 bags of Saline solution from Medical Supplies, Medical Equipment, Physician Supplies | Dealmed.com , These to replace the ones we used during a recent practice run,
    Got a hell of a deal on 2 - 55 gallon trashcans full of Ball Canning Jars, paid $20.00 for all of them and the lady threw in the trash cans for free! Approx 85 Ball Jars for $20!
    Picked up 20 quarts of Tropical Grove Juices, Great for STS (Short Term Storage) for the kids BOB's.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Picked up 25 lbs of all purpose flour
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.