Page 14 of 388 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Over the last couple weeks, I have my camp in the woods set up and ready.

I'll most likely shit myself

Thanks for the heads up Dragon. There is a small machine shop bout 7 miles from here that I use for various projects. Guess I need to pay them a call. Actually I have another piece I need to get welded for a mowing machine I've been procratinating on getting done. Kill two birds with one stone.
    I went to Tractor Supply tonight and got a solar fence charger for 30% off. Got some of the fence post I need, along with wire, insulators, & hardware for my fence in the chicken lot. Also got fencing to put around the bottom of the coop and a couple of 30 Gallon metal garbage cans w/ good lids to store feed in the coop with. They'll keep out the chickens and mice.

here is a heads up for ya on the chicken feed... watch for an old chest freezer, size according to your needs doesnt need to work but if it cools so much the better for hot weather to keep the bugs from hatching in the feed (eggs are already in it as is,) being flat sided they fit in the corner, seal tight against rodents and are watertight.

Well I had a visit from a good friend today. He twisted my arm and made me buy a brand new Beretta Neos in .22. Sweet pistol with a 6" barrel and holster.
    Thanks Izzy! It is sweet.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Glad I can be of assistance. Hope you enjoy.

Had a great time, BTW. Thanks for letting me visit. I even learned a few things. Chicken coop looks great.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Premium Member

All us Tennessee guys need to get a challenge coin going, and form our own little MAG.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by TEOTWAWKI13 View Post
    All us Tennessee guys need to get a challenge coin going, and form our own little MAG.
    PM out.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Queen of the Doom Room
    Earlier this week I bought 40#'s B/S Chicken Breast on sale. Got it all prepped and ready for the Canner but I'm not ready yet so single guy next door with an empty freezer is holding it for me until I'm ready because our freezers are full. Also got Cukes, Summer Squash, Pumpkin, Winter Squash and Collard seedlings set in the garden. Up planted a few other seedlings that needed bigger pots and sowed Pole Beans and Peas.

JustAPrepper you must have a long growing season. Do you grow much thru the summer? Sounds like you have a good start on a nice variety. Full freezers are great. I just found out yesterday I'm in line for a half beef later this fall. That should top mine off.
    BTW Welcome to the forum.

Queen of the Doom Room
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    JustAPrepper you must have a long growing season. Do you grow much thru the summer? Sounds like you have a good start on a nice variety. Full freezers are great. I just found out yesterday I'm in line for a half beef later this fall. That should top mine off.
    BTW Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks for the welcome BP!

We're in Florida so some there's a few things we can grow year round but we gutted the garden this summer due to Powdery Mildew and Mealy Bugs which have been devastating the state right now. Also so we could make some adjustments to our beds and heavily amend our soil. Hopefully it will all pay off.

Awesome on your half beef! Full freezers are GREAT...<until a hurricane comes through >