Page 151 of 388 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'll most likely shit myself

Very little this week. Other than work, mostly been thinking thru how to deal with any situation with the wife laid up. Steps and vehicles are big obstacles to crutches.

On the plus side, the chickens are laying eggs up a storm.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post

On the plus side, the chickens are laying eggs up a storm.
    You're lucky....our layers are slacking....were down to 100 per month +/-.......That's from 250+ this past fall.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    You're lucky....our layers are slacking....were down to 100 per month +/-.......That's from 250+ this past fall.
    Echo in fall when it starts getting dark sooner up here we put a red heat lamp in the coop and leave it on all winter till spring. It tricks the chickens into laying all thru the year with very little drop off in egg laying.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    Echo in fall when it starts getting dark sooner up here we put a red heat lamp in the coop and leave it on all winter till spring. It tricks the chickens into laying all thru the year with very little drop off in egg laying.
    I've read that.....have just been trying to avoid running a cord out there.....I'll let the wife make the call to do so.....it's her project.

But we were selling enough eggs to pay for all the feed....I do miss that.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

I talked to another prep buddy of mine today. His have quit recently. They are less than 2 years old. I feel very lucky, mine are doing better than they ever have.

How much do you charge for a dozen? I'm getting to the point of being ready to start selling some myself. I was thinking $3.00/dozen. Our eggs are mostly large to extra large.

I'm not sure what she's charging...I'll ask and report back.

What have you done to prep this week?

Four new Muscle Rack shelves (7' tall x 6' wide) are helping us slowly clear/clean the garage...organizing is definitely prepping!

Premium Member
    went to dollar store and hit the 10 for 10$ aisle. this time was fruits, i rotate between fruits, vegetable and meats. got a couple rifles cleaned, fought thru a battle of depression after the football game, went out and plinked with a couple 22s, made the day go better...

GunnerMax
    FINALLY got my 1st and 2nd line gear setup. I got my wifes 1st line gear setup (battlebelt with suspenders, with revolver. Mags are loaded, First aid kit checked. My new rig shipped today. I ordered a Magpul stock from SKD tactical that was $30 off normal price. Made 2 fishing kits, got the buttpacks and big first aid kit loaded. Made some vasaline covered cotton balls and tested it in the rain (success, it burned for 4 minutes!!!) Getting the shopping list together to plus the holes in my BOB. Busy busy busy